mtbr member

Diamondback Sorrento or Mongoose Tyax Comp

I am looking for a entry bike to ride the trails - nothing agressive, just mainly single tracks, 2 tracks, bike paths, trails. I don't want to spend alot of $$$. So I'm looking at a Diamondback Sorrento or Mongoose Tyax Comp - in your opinion, which would be the better choice? Thank you

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I have owned a early (1999) model of the DB Sorrento. and I rode in kananaskis for years. it took a lot of abuse and was a killer ride. for the cost it is very good in quality.

reccomended. but then take a test ride.. and see which one feels better for you.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I have the Mongoose Tyax comp and I hate it! the chain always falls off, the disk brakes suck, it weights a ton, the pedals broke after a week, parts of the fork are falling off, rear rim broke....

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    You will be hard pressed to find a better bike than the Forge Sawback 5xx for that kind of money unless you run across a great deal on a used bike.

Forum: Forge Sawback 5xx 17" Silver

The Forge has a good frame, and all the components are two to three levels better than what you are considering. The only drawbacks are limited size availability and having to finish assembling the last 10% - front brake, seat, pedals ... Good luck.