Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Dean Colonel or the Titus HCR.

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  bdiddy 
#1 ·
Since both cost about the same, which will you go for?
Dean Colonel or the Titus HCR.

#2 ·
Titus would be my pick

I would go with the Titus because of the stories I heard here. People with older Seven, Litespeed bikes wanted to weld disc brake tab to their frames. Seven and Litespeed charge an arm and a leg for the service. Titus came to rescue and welded the tab for next to nothing. This speaks volume about their customer service and welding ability.

I own a Dean road bike. It's a good ride. I, too was looking to buy a Ti hardtail. Dean had these specials on their website but I later found out that the postings are out of date.

You really can't go wrong with either. But, I would buy Titus just to reward their great customer service.

#3 ·
I would get the Titus hands down. Dean builds very nice frames, but there are constant complaints about late delivery times and very slow response to issues. There was also a recent thread on roadbikereview.com about Dean building a custom bike and not following the clients request, doing what they wanted instead. Titus is well known for great products and standing behind their products.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.