mtbr member
    Dec 2011

DB Overdrive Carbon Expert

What you guys think about this bike
    Diamondback Bicycles - Overdrive Carbon Expert
    Can't find a complete weight but the frame is say to weight 2.2lbs
    And lifetime warranty on frame seem pretty good.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I've had one for about 8 months and I love it! I haven't bothered to weigh my whole bike but roughly I'd say it's low 20s to maybe 25 lbs. I ride mostly single track in the front range of CO with occasional trips to the mountains of CO, the western slope, and moab. The overdrive carbon has handled it all well, and I was amazed what I could charge in moab with it. I even rode the porcupine rim trail with it, which is something like 20 miles of some of the roughest double and single track I've ever ridden.

The only real complaint I have about it, is the wheelset is heavy and sucks. My rear hub would not stay tight, my freehub bearing was making alot of weird/bad noises and I Irreparably bent my rear rim in a pretty minor crash. I am 215lbs though so I do tend to be harder on wheels. I haven't had any problems with the front wheel but if I do, I'll happily replace it with a stans wheel.

The frame geometry is great, comfortable and stable but nimble for when it gets tight, and the sram components have been flawless. I was a little skeptical of the 2x10 drive train and I still occasionally wish for 3 rings up front but those times are becoming less and less frequent.

The warranty on the frame was a big plus for me, I haven't had to use it, but I've broken 2 aluminum frames in the past 3 year so it definitely gives me some peace of mind.