Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Cracked my frame.

4K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  melias24 
#1 ·
Ok guys, so i cracked my frame on my Hasa Team 5.0. It's been fixed, but i was just wondering how common is this to happen? I know my Hasa is a cheaper bike probably the reason it cracked (around the weld holding the goose neck) has this ever happened to you or anyone else? I'm lucky i saw it other wise i'd probably be on my face!!
~Elias

#5 ·
#6 · (Edited)
You do NOT launch an XC bike, ever. Retire that frame and buy the correct one. The hydroformed alloy tubing has been stretched, before it finally cracked....meaning all metal elasticity is gone. That downtube is now as brittle as glass. :nono:

I do not care how much you paid, to get that repaired. What you created is an even worse accident, waiting to happen...if you continue to ride this and jump.

Reactions: Shark
#2 ·
Hasa is a Taiwan-made, low-end frame made by Kinesis. Are you hucking jumps or dropping-off big rocks? If you ride a bike within its design limits...they are pretty safe. Before you start riding your bike again, is there pics of the fix?

#3 ·
Jumping, but only like 0.8 of a meter of air at the most, maybe less. If it breaks again i'll probably just save for a brand new hard tail in the $700 AUD range.
Blue Electric blue Cobalt blue Majorelle blue Leather
Electric blue Cobalt blue Machine
Electric blue Azure Cobalt blue Aerospace engineering Bicycle accessory
Blue Electric blue Aerospace engineering Cobalt blue Gear shift

You can see the crack and the first image is the new weld, done by a professional aluminium welding company.

#7 ·
Agreed. Even if you have put money into fixing it you are riding a bike of inevitable doom.

If you like going to a jump park pick up a steel DJ frame and transfer as many components as you can, otherwise find a burlier replacement that'll cover the terrain you ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Agreed. Even if you have put money into fixing it you are riding a bike of inevitable doom.

If you like going to a jump park pick up a steel DJ frame and transfer as many components as you can, otherwise find a burlier replacement that'll cover the terrain you ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I might be able to buy a Trek Fuel EX 6 do you think that could handle jumping and downhill?

#17 · (Edited)
Interested to see what bike the OP ultimately ends up getting.

That crack was in the metal, which means aluminum fatigue. All the metal around there has already been stressed as much as it's going to take. Even if it was a great repair, the surrounding metal is toast. However, I'd make a good bet the aluminum wasn't heat treated after the weld, which means the metal around the new weld is even worse than it was before. I'd be reluctant to ride that bike on grass. A new comparable from can be bought for under $150, or find a junk big box store bike at a local thrift store. Some of the wally world big box store bike frames are actually OK. Swap the parts over and ride it like an XC bike. Get a dirtjump or downhill bike for the jumps.

This post has been deleted
#23 ·
Yea pretty sure the forks are like 120mm travel or something. Some one has offered me a Norco A-Line 2008 model for $600. IDK if i should buy it or not as it's an old bike but he reckons he didnt use it much. Do you think i should just wait for a newer bike at a similar price to come along??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.