Titanium junkie

Cotic BFe/any impressions.

I saw this bike in another post, and really like it.
    Anybody else have one, and what can you tell me about
    it's ride qualities.
    Thanks.
    Climb into the sky, never wonder why - Tailgunner
    You're a Tailgunner

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Just built up a small one. Waiting to find time to ride it

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    hm, only just saw this. The blue looks good

I have an older grey one, and I like it a lot. It's a very solid, strong well made frame. It corners very well, even though I have a 160mm travel fork on mine. (I know the frame is approved for them but some people seem to prefer these bikes with 140 mm forks)

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    How tall are you and what size frame are you on?
    Where did you guys buy your frame from? I'm looking for a US dealer.
    Pedaling Gorilla

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    5'9 and im on the small with 50mm stem. Got it direct from them

mtbr member
    May 2005
    One of my wants for sure

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chober View Post
    5'9 and im on the small with 50mm stem. Got it direct from them
    Ahh ok I'm 5'8 so I should grab a small also. I've been debating on the Bfe or Soul can't really make up mind.

How bad/good is your Bfe at climbing? What is your fork set to 100mm? or 160mm?
    Pedaling Gorilla

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Ahh ok I'm 5'8 so I should grab a small also. I've been debating on the Bfe or Soul can't really make up mind.

How bad/good is your Bfe at climbing? What is your fork set to 100mm? or 160mm?
    I would agree that small is probably the best size. I am 5'7 and currently building up a new BFe small.

I presume you know that the geometry is identical on the BFe and Soul? I went for a BFe only because it is cheaper as it is a 2nd mountain bike. If I had the funds then the Soul would probably be better for my use as I don't ride hard enough to justify the BFe. I'm going with 140mm Fox forks as I have a XC bike so will use this for playing around and riding with more of a downhill bias.

Good luck with yours.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelmix View Post
    I would agree that small is probably the best size. I am 5'7 and currently building up a new BFe small.

I presume you know that the geometry is identical on the BFe and Soul? I went for a BFe only because it is cheaper as it is a 2nd mountain bike. If I had the funds then the Soul would probably be better for my use as I don't ride hard enough to justify the BFe. I'm going with 140mm Fox forks as I have a XC bike so will use this for playing around and riding with more of a downhill bias.

Good luck with yours.
    Honestly I didn't notice the Soul and Bfe have the same geometry. Even though it's posted in bold letters on their site. I kinda shrugged offed the Soul because it's not as burly as the Bfe. I've been deciding between the Blue Pig and the Bfe which are the two I've compared the geometry between. I'm leaning a lot more towards the Bfe though due to the frame material.

Majority of my riding is XC also, but I want a burly hardtail.
    Last edited by goforbroke; 07-25-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    Pedaling Gorilla