Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

complete "Urban" ride

485 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  fish man 
#1 ·
My older style General Lee got stolen at school and I'm looking to replace it with an "urban"/street/hardtail freeride bike. Im looking at the Giant STP 2 or 3. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

#2 ·
i had a p-series bike... it rocked..untill some ******* stole it... now i got a Kona Stuff, very simular setup but i really haven't had a chance to ride it due to the weather...I loved the P2 for urban stuff, slap a bash guard on it and it can take all sorts of abuse. I got the Kona cuz i had 1000 dollars from insurance money, and liked the componet set up on the kona which cost only 100 bucks more than the 2005 P-2. My old p2 with DJIII's, a trial's style bash guard, and a few other componets swaped really made for an amazing dirtjump/urban bike. I probably would have gotten the P2 again if it didn't take a 300 dollar increase in price from the 2004 (they didn't change much on the stock bike), but the kona had way better stuff on it. I still have a little buyers remorse since i'm not sure if i'm going to like the kona.

the only draw back on the p2 is the stock forks, and weight... the brakes are alright but not the greatest...everything else is either great or alright.

#3 ·
mebbe check out the new fisher FR hardtails? i saw one at the lbs yesterday and liked what i saw. i wanted to touch it but i couldn't reach. i also a beautiful steel ss of the same sort of variety but i can't remember what it was...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.