Thread: Carbon bars?

Quiet Professional

Carbon bars?

No this is not a which is better between carbon vs aluminium but what do you prefer between bars that show the carbon vs those that are covered. I think i am leaning towards the clear coat but i am not set. I know i want a dropper bar.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

T.W.O.
    Hard to say, I like the naked carbon but I have both. As long as the bar spec fits my need I'm happy. Yes there's pros and cons. For one the naked carbon bars with clear coat are much easier to clean than the one with matte paint finish.

banned
    Sep 2012
    I like the high gloss naked carbon look too, especially the way they look totally stealth until they are in the sun and all the layup shows through.

Quiet Professional
    I have decided if i am getting naked carbon but trying to find them are becoming difficult. If i hold my hands shoulder width it is 750mm. I think i want a 30mm riser but not sure. I am a big guy so i am looking at am or dh bars. Any suggestions?

banned
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by chef7734 View Post
    I have decided if i am getting naked carbon but trying to find them are becoming difficult. If i hold my hands shoulder width it is 750mm. I think i want a 30mm riser but not sure. I am a big guy so i am looking at am or dh bars. Any suggestions?

AM bars should be fine. I'd say a bar around 680-720 is about right. DH/FR bars are longer than that. Consider that with a longer bar, you're restricted to wider trails and may accidentally catch the bar on a branch or something similar more easily than a shorter bar.

Here's some options:
    Carbon 780 | Answer Products

ProTAPER® Carbon 720 AM | Answer Products (that's what I got)

Carbon 720 Enduro 20/20 | Answer Products

Specialized ones are pretty nice too. I may try them out if I get another bar.
    Specialized Bicycle Components

Another good one is the Easton Monkeybar. Jenson had them for sale for $69.99 but that deal disappeared pretty quick.

The Answer bars have a tapered internal cross section making them stronger at the ends and the middle where everything clamps on.

-S

Quiet Professional
    Thanks. I am going to get the answer carbon 720 and one of their stems. Thinking of 80mm.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I like to see the bare carbon also.

Quiet Professional
    Got my bars and stem in. Thanks for suggestions.