mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Canyon Nerve AM6 '11 issues

Hey guys,

I bought a used Canyon Nerve AM 6 of 2011 and from my understanding it has some issues with the rear shock. When I was going to buy it the guy said that he installed some spacers inside the shock to make it more firm, but I told him to remove them so the shock would return to factory settings. The shock is a Fox RP2 BSD XXV 7,5x2 VTM, which when I use the pro pedal switch it doesn't "lock" the shock, causing too much pedal bobing. So whether I ride with pro pedal on or off is the same thing.

Before this bike I had a Trek Fuel EX5 -which was stolen, that's why I bought this Canyon-, again with a Fox RP2 shock, and when I used pro pedal the shock felt alot firmer, without any bobing.

I talked to him and he said he had the same issues and he couldn't make it work better. At the end when I told him that I had a Trek that didn't had bobing with the pro pedal enganged he said it's Canyon's frame geometry that has issues and not the shock itself.

I'm not convinced from his response and I was wondering if the shock has issues, or if he has a point on his claims.

Thanks!
    Scott Scale 70 '08

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I have a 2012 nerve am with an rp2, i have also had problems withe the shock but it was making a weezy noise, i sent it away and it needed nitrogen charging. I would advise letting someone which knows what they are doing have a look if you suspect there is a problem. or at least have a look into removing the air sleve just to see how grubby it is inside, if it is mucked up inside it might suggest there is something else up. Otherwise the suspension on them is very linear and i found mine to use up its travel to easily so you could either put some spacers it to increase the volume and make it more progressive or just increase the pressure as i have to as little as 10 percent as it is still active enough to provide grip. hope i've helped

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Right,I'm not convinced from his response and I was wondering if the shock has issues, or if he has a point on his claims.thanks[img]http://************[/img]

mtbr member
    May 2014
    If you unsure and its making no funny noises I'd just sent it in to a suspension service centre, they can run it through their dyno to see if their is a problem without taking its apart!