mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Cannondale Raven Super V 700

I have been looking around for quite a while (mostly local), and also doing a lot of research online and here, and I came across this bike while at Bike Milwaukee's shop...

http://cgi.ebay.com/CANNONDALE-RAVEN...2em118Q2el1247

If I can get him to knock some money like 100-150$ off the price do you feel like this is a good deal? I have looked into all the extra parts on there, and they seem to be very popular choices and add quite a bit of value. The only thing that is really original is the frame. After my research I feel like a bike like this would suit my riding style.

My concerns lie in the actual bike size, and whether it would be 1000$ better spent into something more modern. I believe the bike is a medium frame size, and I am roughly 6'0" and 180lbs which is what worries me a bit. I test rode the bike for around 30 minutes (not trail riding unfortunately) and I enjoyed the feel of the bike.

Any advice anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated, my bike unfortunately after the last bail is on its last legs.

Current Bike: Early 90's Klein mountain bike with no suspension... Desperate need of a new bike now.

mtbr member
    It's a nice part spec, but the frame isn't great. I think you can do better.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardtails Are Better
    It's a nice part spec, but the frame isn't great. I think you can do better.
    I agree. The frame is old technology, there is no sense in dropping a bunch of money on it.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I appreciate the replies so far. I had the feeling the better option was going to be buying new. Any reccomendations in the 1000$ range. I am not at all stuck on full suspension so feel free to reccomend a hard tail. I also don't have a problem purchasing online either. Anymore input would be much appreciated.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    At 6 foot I think you're a too big for a medium. Obviously nobody can know for SURE except you, but that would be my wager. Odds are, you'd be happy on a large or even an extra large.