Cannondale Snob

Cannondale Raven 2000?

I found a Cannondale Raven 2000 frame on EBay, and not knowing anything about these frames, I thought I'd come here and ask a few questions. I read the reviews on them, but most of these are from the late '90s. Does anyone know what travel the rear Fox air shock has? I plan to put a Lefty up front if I buy it....

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Try Cannondale's archives here:
    http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/archive/

It only goes back to 2000. I don't see the shock travel listed for the Raven and I think they stopped making this bike in 2000 or 2001. There is a link on the page where you can contact C'dale with questions though.

Good luck!

There's no app for this.

Here're 25 reviews to read

It seems to me this frame had a bad habit of breaking, however, it was a long time ago and I may be wrong.

Caveat Emptor.

http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Bike/product_18044.shtml

Jim

Cannondale Snob
    Yikes! I wonder if I got a smoking deal on one if I could reinforce the frame with S-Glass or something? Maybe drill a little hole and fill the frame with closed-cell polyurethane foam?

Probably end up with a fugly heavy mess.

There's no app for this.

Um....

it's 7 years old and with no warranty, IMO you shouldn't pay maybe more than $100 for it. you'd be better off to keep looking. Lots of bikes like that specific older design didn't ride that well either, compared to today's designs. It's way more, but for example, a new Heckler frameset with full warrannty is $1100.

Jim