WWE Champion
    Oct 2005

Cannondale Caffeine F3 vs Trek 6700 Disc - HOSS

Hello Everyone,

I have given up on my project to upgrade the fork in my Hardrock and have decided to just buy a new bike. I want the upgraded components and the new gear.

I have narrowed it down to 2 choices: Cannondale Caffeine F3 or the Trek 6700 Disc. The Caffeine F3 is $100 less, but that is really not a big factor.

My concern is that I am 290lbs, and am concerned about the shock on the Caffeine vs the 6700. The Caffeine has a "HeadShok Super Fatty Ultra DLR, 80 mm" and the 6700 has a RockShox Tora.

Does anyone have a feel for the Caffeine shock's ability to hold heavyweights like me? I think the Tora will be okay.

I enjoyed riding the Caffeine more, but the shock is a completely foreign concept to me over traditional forks.

Thanks for any help.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleet
    Hello Everyone,

I have given up on my project to upgrade the fork in my Hardrock and have decided to just buy a new bike. I want the upgraded components and the new gear.

I have narrowed it down to 2 choices: Cannondale Caffeine F3 or the Trek 6700 Disc. The Caffeine F3 is $100 less, but that is really not a big factor.

My concern is that I am 290lbs, and am concerned about the shock on the Caffeine vs the 6700. The Caffeine has a "HeadShok Super Fatty Ultra DLR, 80 mm" and the 6700 has a RockShox Tora.

Does anyone have a feel for the Caffeine shock's ability to hold heavyweights like me? I think the Tora will be okay.

I enjoyed riding the Caffeine more, but the shock is a completely foreign concept to me over traditional forks.

Thanks for any help.

I have one of those Headshok Ultra Fatty and they track very well. Mine is air sprung via a valve under the steerer. Did you inquire from the dealer if it is suitable for your built? Ask the dealer about the bike/shok warranty. Some Cannondale dealers sends the fork back to Cannondale for servicing. Well, most LBS would rather send the suspension forks back anyway if they are still under warranty.

If ever you want to go standard 1 1/8 suspension fork, all you need is buy a 1.5 to 1 1/8 *Problem Solvers*

WWE Champion
    Oct 2005
    Well to my surprise, I can't get either bike! I'm too tall for both of them. I tried out the Trek and it only comes in 21.5" frame. The Cannondale came in an XL, but even that was too small for me. I've been riding a 23" Hard Rock for 4 years now, but they don't make these bikes in a big enough size.

I really did like the shock on the Cannondale. Man, was that perfect for me. I jumped a curb, and no issue at all. Fun even.

Oh well. My search continues. I may end up replacing the fork on my HardRock and calling it a day soon.

Going and going.....
    Jun 2008
    How tall are you?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Take a look at the Kona Hoss. Available in a 22" frame and spec'd specifically for big guys