mtbr member
    May 2013

Can you help identify these Redlines?

I've got two Redline Conquest mountain bikes that I purchased new in 1991. The green one is a 26" frame, the red 24", both with with Suntour components. The green one has a sticker that says 25 (1972-1991) on it. The red one has a similar sticker, but is hard to read.

Can anyone help identify the model of these? (where is the model number located on them?) I think I might want to sell them, and am also wondering the value (and interest)?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can you help identify these Redlines?-redline-conquest-red.jpg  

Can you help identify these Redlines?-redline-conquest-green.jpg  

mtbr member
    I am confused by this post. You already know the size, although, they seem small for a seat tube measurement in the 20's. Are you talking wheel size? Suntour is pretty much defunct as componenets go, everything is Sram and Shimano which are somewhat interchangeable as they are using the Shimano platform. As I understand it, the spacing on the Suntour rear cassette is different than shimano, and sram more or less copied shimano's spacing. The model is conquest as can be read from the pictures and in your description. The serial number is most likely on the bottom bracket. The sticker could indicate perhaps that Redline's first production year is 1972? Price, not much. Interest, not much. Put'em on craigs or have a garage sale.

bikepedia or bicycle bluebook may have more info

or try this forum posting:
    Official What is it Worth thread (WIW)
    No fuss with the MUSS