mtbr member
    May 2009

Buying new Trek 6000...help!

Hey guys, I have a line on an '09 Trek 6000 for $599 cash and it's still in the box. It seems legit but is there anything I shold be looking for? And how tough is it to put a bike together out of the box? I used to do it when I worked for Richards Bicycles in Palos, but that was 12 years ago. Thanks for the help!

There's no app for this.

I dunno...

Price MSRP $879.99

You must factor in your time, tools you buy, shipping, etc. but if that's no big deal, gofer it.
    Jim

mtbr member
    May 2009
    It's an hour away so no shipping cost!

mtbr member
    If you arent buying it from a dealer its probably "gray market" and you wont have a warranty. Its a bit unusual but there is stuff thats new that shows up on Ebay. I remember some sellers would just show the box on Ebay. I would want to see the bike inside the box.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Dealers cannot sell the bike to you unless they assembled it first and see everything safely works. Only then they can box it again if it has to be shipped elsewhere. I believe this has something to do with liability issues with bike companies.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    It's a private seller, so I was more wondering if there's anything I should look for before I buy it (problems with the bike, etc that would make it cheap). Or just anything else!