Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I do a bit of building up bikes from parts and selling them.
    End of the day I probably don't make money but I enjoy it...but I scan Craigslist constantly for crazy sounding deals...3000 bike offered for 700 or something like that. Sometimes, it's a crashed bike with frame damage that someone is trying to sell cheap and they've probably already replaced it (I live in an area with lots of people with more money than sense).
    I've never got a fantastic deal on a MTB, but I have gotten some great road bikes with busted frames for very, very low prices that I just stripped for parts and tossed the frame.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TurnerConvert View Post
    I am awaiting a shipment from bike-discount now. I've done one other order with them and didn't get hit with customs - fingers crossed I don't get hit this time. I did an order with CRC over Christmas and there was no customs on that order.
    So my shipment came from bike-discount yesterday. I placed the order on Feb 3 and received it on 2/19. Not too bad considering that it sat in the USPS sorting facility in Frankfurt for 6 days, on top of going through customs here in the US. I thankfully didn't get hit with any customs fees.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2