mtbr member

Breezer Lightning Team Steel

http://www.nashbar.com/webapp/wcs/st...6016_-1_catNav

Anyone have any opinions about or experience with this frame? It is tempting me. Near as I can figure, it is a 2010.

dirtbag
    I bought one from Nashbar when a 20% coupon code came up. I just couldn't pass it up at a shade above $400 for a Reynolds 525 frame. I took it out of the box to inspect it and it's a nicely made frame. I test fitted a 650b rear wheel and it fits a 2.0 x 650b Pacenti so I'll be building it up 650b as a winter project. Frame in box sits in my garage as I slowly buy parts for the build. I just need wheels and a fork which I'm sitting on deciding upon as the 650b componenet market matures some. Hopefully next spring more options appear.

It looks like the 26" version has been pulled from the current Breezer lineup but the 29er version is still available. If you like the ride a steel frame offers and the possibility to convert to 650b, I'd say for what you can get the frame at (with a 10-20%off coupon), it can't be beat.
    Amolan

mtbr member
    Thanks. Nashbar has totally free shipping today and the 2011 pro model for $1149, so I may jump on that. They have the team frame (which I like the look of better for $399) but by the time you add a fork your are at $1000 already anyway.