mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Blur XC Carbon vs. Trek Fuel EX 9.9

Has anyone ridden these bikes? I just sold my "classic" Blur and placed an order for a Carbon XC. An hour later I get an email with a great deal on a Fuel EX 9.9. Both get great reviews in the bike press and would cost me exactly the same price.

Any opinions (educated of course...) on which way to go.

I have heard that SC can be tough to deal with on warrantee issues, though I never had a bit of trouble with my aluminum Blur.

Thanks,

Ken

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I have read on Mountain Bike Action that the Blur XC Carbon is made in China and the Trek Fuel EX 9.9 is made in the USA. The Trek has a lifetime warranty and the Santa Cruz only has a two year warranty.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kennethw
    Both get great reviews in the bike press
    Well if that MBA review in the previous post is an example of the great reviews, I would be nervous. That review sounds like it was written by someone as SC.
    So I guess if you believe that SC has--in their first foray into Carbon Frames--come up with the perfect CF frame that will revolutionize CF frame design, while companies like Trek that have been doing CF for decades have yet to figure it out, I guess you should get the SC.
    In all honesty I could never justify dishing out that much cash for a bike so can't really comment on the specific bikes. My guess is they both ride like a dream. I just thought that MBA review was a bit too much.
    Warning: may contain sarcasm and/or crap made up in an attempt to feel important.