mtbr member
    May 2007

Bionicon Golden Willow vs. Specialized Enduro SL

Good lord, I'm torn. I am rarely unable to make a decision on something, but this one has me stumped. I am looking for a bike that climbs as well as it descends.

I can't make up my mind between the integrated brain tech of the Enduro SL's shocks, or the on-the-fly adaptable geometry of the GW.

Can anyone who has ridden both give me some advice? I've ridden the Enduro SL and LOVED it, but there are no dealers for the GW around me.

mtbr member
    No GW dealers ya say ? Well,, today my wife called california. The bike shop owner told her that he would LOVE to send a bike here to Texas just so he could get a test rider from across the states. I have his phone number and email. The only thing you would need is to provide a $45.00 shipping fee. I can't say either way about either bike,, but I hope that information will help you .. Private MSG me if you want his info.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    WOW. That is incredible!!!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Anyone? No one's ridden both?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I have ridden the Golden willow and the Stumpy FSR, these machines are more like each other with the GW winning out IMO because it seemed to handle sharp bumps better while still offering the smoothness of the Stumpy. Im not going to make the mistake of saying the Stumpy was poor because it certainly wasn't, it was a great riding bike that almost had my money.

The Enduro is closer to the Edison in many ways. Although I suspect the Edison would beat the hell out of an Enduro with equal riders. Downhill is probably a lot closer.

You wont go far wrong with either bike, but the Edison will climb 95% as well as the GW and I suspect the Enduro would be somewhat less.

When you consider the Bionicons you have to re-calibrate your expectations, the Orange button is far more than some sort of gimmick. It really makes a massive difference to the way the bike feels and takes a while to learn to use it properly (I am still learning after 3 weeks). If this was added to the Enduro there would probably be no need for the Stumpy or the SX.

As I have suggested before.........ride all of them before making your choice. There may be things that the Specialized does better for your particular riding style, it might just be the colour. All these bikes are great value and all will get the job done, the Bionicon system just adds incredible flexibility to a simple design.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks! More reading done, I guess I should look at the Edison or the Supershuttle in comparison to the Enduro SL.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ryball
    Thanks! More reading done, I guess I should look at the Edison or the Supershuttle in comparison to the Enduro SL.
    If you look at posts by Kanga you can see what the Edison is capable of !!! At the Sea Otter event a standard Edison managed second place in the Downhill event. Kanga has shots of him doing obscene jumps on the Edison, but says he only ended up doing this after buying one. he has now headed for a Supershuttle as he wants to do bigger jumps