mtbr member

Big Guy 340 bones(lbs) Needs Some Help motobecane Fantom HT Elite or Fantom DS COMP

Hello this is my first post hello to everyone,
    I like 2 bikes from MotoBecane Fantom HT Elite and the Famton DS comp from www.bikesdirec.com The Problem is am 6 feet 1 and 340 pound,
    Am worried about the dual suspension on the DS comp , i dont know if it could be good for me my weight sagging the shock,also beacuse i dont want to be bouncing on the seat. Just for the info , i can bunny hop like and foot of the ground seriously, am not going to jump all the time but just trails and light ridding on the kids trails at first, but when i lose some muscle fat mass then i can do some serious damage on the bike that is, please help me choose, i think is the best bang for $999 out there , anything from heavy/big riders, or anyone that knows about big dudes on bike please comment and it would help a lot thank you

FKA Malibu412

Normally,

I would recommend the FS to someone who knows how to ride and knows what they want in a bike as it sounds you do. For you, though, I recommend the HT as I think the DS may have some difficulty holding up to you until you have shed some pounds--no offense meant.

It has a better component set and less of a chance that the rear triangle will cause problems. I know that at my 225lbs, I am tough on drivetrain and rear suspension with my full squish.

Another valid consideration for you is the Fantom 29 ProSL. It's in your price range, has a great kit, and you seem to be a good match size wise. Fantom 29 Link

"I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams