mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Bianchi King Bee?

I've been looking at bikes lately and I'd like to get a tough, relatively light XC bike. I've got a 03 Giant AC2 that I love like crazy and ride it on anything from downhill to XC and around town but the AC just isn't fast in the woods ( unless its downhill, then its fast ).
    I've got an 03 Trek Fuel 80 that I'm selling to a friend. I like that bike too but its kinda heavy for a 3" travel bike and I'm loving disc brakes so I'm getting rid of it to buy a hardtail.

Ok, now to the bussiness. Does anyone else think that the Bianchi King Bee is a smoking deal?
    105 mm Marzoochi MX comp fork, full Hayes Hyros and a decent parts spec for $1099!
    http://www.bianchiusa.com/kingbee.html

Does this seem like a good deal? I think it does. I'm not really a fan of Bianchi, due to their Euro geek image but I guess I've had a couple Bianchi's in my day.

I'm not sure what other bikes would be a deal like this. I really like the Cannondale F600 too. Any ideas, comments, or suggestions?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Al ht

I'd like to try one of these. So far I've never found an Al HT that I liked--too harsh on the ass. I'm currently riding a dedacciai frame like the one on the '04 denali, and love it, but the slight flex of steel definitely feels better than Al to me. Igot my first bianchi when I lived in the bay area. Since they're plentiful there, ridden by everyone from the spandex crowd to thrashers to daily commuters there isn't so much eurogeek image attached. No one beats bianchi for large-production steel, although some have equalled them.