mtbr member
    Jun 2007

BeOne Blue or Cube Reaction R1 mag?

So, I'm looking at getting a hardtail shortly and it looks like its down to these two bikes.
    Beone Blue: http://www.beone-bikes.com/NL/producten/blue.html

or the Cube Reaction R1 : http://www.cube-bikes.de/xist4c/web/...067_.htm#anker

The Cube R1 will be upgraded to full XTR spec/ excluding wheels which will remain as the DT Swiss.

Both have relatively identical geometry and are identical in price over here in the UK.

Spec on the BeOne appears to be better than the Cube largely because it has the SID world cup fork and better wheels. And the Beone is a carbon frame as opposed to an aluminium one for the Cube.

Most of my riding will be on relatively flat singletrack and I'm about 130lbs. Short of testriding both bikes, I would appreciate your views on which bike you would get?

Unfortuntely, Beone and Cube aren't reviewed much in the UK (well unless they're full suspension bikes) so any of your experiences / thoughts would be welcome.

AKA Dr.Nob
    Personally I think you will be happy with either bike. They are both look good.

Myself, I would buy the Beone, although I doubt that it actually weighs in at the claimed 8.5 kilos.
    Not that all teenagers are evil mind, just most of them.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I suspect you're right about BeOne's quoted weight on their website. But it is a very nice bike. I think it'll boil down to a do i want carbon or aluminium choice I guess...

AKA Dr.Nob
    Quote Originally Posted by remymartin31
    I think it'll boil down to a do i want carbon or aluminium choice I guess...
    Pretty much. My one last thing to add is not to be afraid of carbon.
    Not that all teenagers are evil mind, just most of them.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I think I'm over that fear. I have a carbon roadbike that's taken knocks on the road so there's no reason why a carbon mtb shouldn't be as robust.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Sorry, we in USA have very little access to rare German CF bikes. I wish they were more available in the US...
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Ah yes Zachariah, but you have several more brands in the US that we don't have here in the UK. Plus, bikes are generally considerably cheaper in your neck of the woods too.