mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Beginner : help me choose between 2 bikes

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here and I would really welcome the comments and opinions you might have regarding my upcoming decision. I have been riding in the past but took a few years off doing other things, now I want to get back in mtb. I'm 5'10 and 155 pounds, going in my 30's. Since I'm living out in the country, I'm looking to get a good all-around bike for mainly quad trails... Some are not very well maintained So I'll be going over small logs, uphill and downhill.

Went to a few LBS, and so far here are my choices... both are at the same price, one is hardtail, the other a entry level FS... help me!

1- Devinci Remix 1 2009 : Can't actually find this one on Devinci's website. It was a limited edition bike they made from mixed component from 2008 and 2009. A few shops in Quebec have them...
    http://is.pinkbike.com/photo/3501/pbpic3501061.jpg
    That is the only pic I could find of it. SRAM sx5, mechanical disc brakes. Other than that it's basically the same as the 2007 bike.

2- Rocky Mountain Fusion 2008
    http://www.bikes.com/main+en+01_102+...KE=44&Y=2008#2

Both are 850 CND at the bike shop. I would appreciate the comments.
    The devinci will be a bit heavy compared to the rocky... and will be harder for climbing... but maybe more upgradable?!?

Help! thx
    Sock

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    i'd go with the rocky mountain.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    May I ask why?
    I am as concerned about comfort on long rides than the speeds and performances of the bikes... I'll just add that the devinci is usually around 1,200 and the rocky mountain 900. I guess this is the old HT vs entry-level FS debate.

Basically... will I be missing anything important with one of these bikes?

Btw, thanks for answering roc865!