mtbr member
    Jan 2012

BAMF Bikes. Anybody?

While searching the web for a new bike a buddy of mine stumbled onto GiantNerd and BAMF Bikes. They seem very well specd for the doe. Is anyone familiar or does anyone own one of these? Hes really digging the Suckerpunch but im pretty sceptical about mail ordering bikes but might these be an exception? That Sh%tKicker looks pretty sick too!

Titanium junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by CyclesnIPAs View Post
    While searching the web for a new bike a buddy of mine stumbled onto GiantNerd and BAMF Bikes. They seem very well specd for the doe. Is anyone familiar or does anyone own one of these? Hes really digging the Suckerpunch but im pretty sceptical about mail ordering bikes but might these be an exception? That Sh%tKicker looks pretty sick too!

And why are you skeptical about mail- order bikes?
    I know that you are going to hear many people say Motobecanes
    suck, or the new Airbornes that are mail- order. Most of the
    mail-order bikes get reviewed also by mountain bike mags, and they
    fair very well. It is always good to support your LBS, but if budget, selection
    is not on your side when at a LBS, then there is nothing wrong with mail
    order. As long as you know your size, and can put on a handle bar, wheel
    and pedals, and can dial it in, in my opinion there's nothing wrong with them.
    As far as BAMF bikes, I haven't heard of them, but they are probably turned out
    by one of the overseas manufacturers just like most everyone else s bikes.
    Don't know what your price range is, but they look ok to me. Just make sure
    you check the warranty on what you buy. Good luck.

I'm SUCH a square....
    What, no link?

I think you need to get past your skepticism; I have yet to buy anything but the occasional accessory or small part from LBS.

But then, too, I tend to buy frames and parts and build up my own. My ONE complete bike purchase online was a complete (BD) disaster.
    A bike is the only drug with no bad side effects....

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Sorry i didnt post a link, really dont know how I guess im a better rider than comp user. I guess skeptical is a strong word more like wary. Ive always liked the fact that you get 1on 1 service with a lbs. If you purchase a bike online and you have a problem with it you get stuck taking it to a lbs anyway but now your paying for the repair and possibly parts. Also you dont get to test ride it first. I would hate to buy a bike only to find its the wrong size or just wrong all together. Im just saying buying an unknown bike online is not for me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Wink

Do it. I got a BAMF Kimura on eBay, set up with X9 components.

So far I love it. Well built, relatively light, and works great. BAMF is a small company, kinda funky advertising, but so far the bike is spot on. Plus, it's a relatively little known company so you are not paying for glitz and glamour.

Yep, I try to patronize my local LBS - have bought bikes from 'em before, but sometimes they don't have what I want, or the price point is way out of line.

Get the BAMF.

Flinch

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    hi all, been lurking for awhile and finally just bought myself a new bike. I havent been riding in 10 years with my last bike being a kona sex one. anyhow, after looking around for the last couple weeks and going to an LBS I pulled the trigger last night on a BAMF Full Nelson. It just looked like it had way nicer parts than anything even close in price. I got mine from giantnerd on amazon.com. they currently have the 17.5 for $461.52 shipped to your door! here is the product description:
    BAMF Full Nelson is a BAMF Bad Ass aluminum 26 MTB ready to get it done on the trail. With a component package touting a RockShox Dart2, SRAM X.5 trigger shifters, X.7 front and rear derailleur and Tekto hydraulic disc brakes this bike is ready to go. The Full Nelson starts with a light and responsive 6061 aluminum racing frame. The RockShox suspension fork with 100mm of travel is a solid performer that keeps the front wheel tracking the ground over the roughest terrain. The SRAM X.5 trigger shifters are paired with the SRAM X.7 rear derailleur and SRAM X.7 front derailleur providing a precise shifting partnership. When the time comes to control the velocity of the Full Nelson the Tektro Auriga hydraulic brakes will be at your middle finger (BAMF humor). The BAMF MTB saddle adds a nice touch of comfort even for the hardest of riders out there can appreciate. The alloy Truvativ Five-D crank with the 44/32/22 chainring combination will launch you ahead of your riding partners.
    I am not really on board with the advertising but it just seemed like nothing else came close in the price range i was looking. I have no idea how good the bike is gonna be and I dont want anyone to think i am affiliated with bamf in any way. I just saw this post and had bought one last night and wanted to share my thoughts.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboar View Post
    hi all, been lurking for awhile and finally just bought myself a new bike. I havent been riding in 10 years with my last bike being a kona sex one. anyhow, after looking around for the last couple weeks and going to an LBS I pulled the trigger last night on a BAMF Full Nelson. It just looked like it had way nicer parts than anything even close in price. I got mine from giantnerd on amazon.com. they currently have the 17.5 for $461.52 shipped to your door! here is the product description:
    BAMF Full Nelson is a BAMF Bad Ass aluminum 26 MTB ready to get it done on the trail. With a component package touting a RockShox Dart2, SRAM X.5 trigger shifters, X.7 front and rear derailleur and Tekto hydraulic disc brakes this bike is ready to go. The Full Nelson starts with a light and responsive 6061 aluminum racing frame. The RockShox suspension fork with 100mm of travel is a solid performer that keeps the front wheel tracking the ground over the roughest terrain. The SRAM X.5 trigger shifters are paired with the SRAM X.7 rear derailleur and SRAM X.7 front derailleur providing a precise shifting partnership. When the time comes to control the velocity of the Full Nelson the Tektro Auriga hydraulic brakes will be at your middle finger (BAMF humor). The BAMF MTB saddle adds a nice touch of comfort even for the hardest of riders out there can appreciate. The alloy Truvativ Five-D crank with the 44/32/22 chainring combination will launch you ahead of your riding partners.
    I am not really on board with the advertising but it just seemed like nothing else came close in the price range i was looking. I have no idea how good the bike is gonna be and I dont want anyone to think i am affiliated with bamf in any way. I just saw this post and had bought one last night and wanted to share my thoughts.
    For that price shipped to your door, even if you have to work a bit to get it set up, who cares? I think it is a sharp looking bike, and it even comes with hydros...I'd ride it!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Kimura

I have had my Kimura for 2 years. It is a great bike. Had to upgrade the tires, brakes (big guy), handle bars (broad shoulders) and grips. Got what I needed really cheap on ebay, bikenashbar, and jensonusa. And sold what I did not need. Again, great bike...good customer service. Now, BAMF does cut out the LBS and sell directly to the buyer. So, you should know your fit and what you want. I had my mechanic put it together. So, if you feel like you are screwing your LBS by not getting a bike that is worth the $$$, then pay your LBS put it together and tune it. By far, the Kimura is worth it. Trek has a similiar bike with lower end components for $1800 to $2000 while you can get the Kimura from Giantnerd for $1200.

AZ
    banned
    BAMF is part of the infamous Randall Scott empire.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I started a thread about them last week. I was looking at buying the Half Nelson. Everybody acted like they weren't worth the money. Said for the price and quality of components it wasn't worth the money. I would like to hear more about them though. I'm looking to purchase my first bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Can somebody explain the whole Randall Scott deal? I have seen it a couple of places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk