Thread: BA Roadmaster

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

BA Roadmaster

Now, I know what you guys are thinking when you see this bike...BAD ASS! So aside from this awesome thought, what you guys think about this old Roadmaster Mountain Climber. First off calm down I already have a Raleigh M60 that I ride and this will strictly be a project bike. Maybe this will make a great fixed gear bike for very easy trail/road use. The frame looks solid and I honestly do not plan to go on any rough terrain trails. Nature photography is one of my hobbies so maybe I can convert it to hold camera gear etc. I plan to strip it of all its rusted parts and MAYBE repaint it...maybe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BA Roadmaster-img_0396.jpg  

mtbr member
    It looks like a "Goodwill" project to me. Its not a lot different from the bikes I have seen at the dump sitting on the metal scrap pile or behind the local bike shop next to the dumpster. I would probably spray a lot of WD-40 on the chain and cassette and ride it around a bit. I am going to guess it wont shift very smoothly.

This is completely unrelated but I was wondering have you ever seen that TV show called Hoarders on the A & E network. I dont know why but when I saw your bike it just popped into my mind. My wife wont let me watch it...LOL.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    lol Or maybe a snap shot from Pickers! Anyways, this is a freebie out of my families shed and I doubt I would keep the chain, cassette etc. because I have extra parts.