Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Avoid Airborne Bikes

Please think twice before purchasing a bicycle from Airborne bicycles. I purchased a Goblin XO 29er from them and dared to ask a question about the price after it was shipped. One of the two primary folks there who deal with the public was going to get back to me, he said, and 4-5 emails from me later, still no response. He finally responded when my wife appended her title, esq, after an email she sent them. They have only evaded her though a bit more subtly. In short, with the holiday approaching and if thoughts of bikes are dancing in your head, buyer beware with these folks. I wish I knew then what I know now about their customer service.

mtbr member
    is it possible that they are busy gearing up for the holidays themselves and that this might be the reason for the delay in getting back to you? not defending them in anyway just wondering.
    surly karate monkey
    surly ogre

mtbr member
    You made an account just to slam Airborne? Many people on this forum, including myself, have had a great experience with airborne. I wouldn't think twice about purchasing another bike from them.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    So you bought the bike, paid for the bike, they shipped the bike, and then you ask about changing the price? I'm really confused about what they did wrong.

Mantis, Paramount, Campy
    Yeah
    That story makes no sense at all.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hitking View Post
    Please think twice before purchasing a bicycle from Airborne bicycles. I purchased a Goblin XO 29er from them and dared to ask a question about the price after it was shipped. One of the two primary folks there who deal with the public was going to get back to me, he said, and 4-5 emails from me later, still no response. He finally responded when my wife appended her title, esq, after an email she sent them. They have only evaded her though a bit more subtly. In short, with the holiday approaching and if thoughts of bikes are dancing in your head, buyer beware with these folks. I wish I knew then what I know now about their customer service.
    How about you clear the air here and tell us what question you asked them about the price? Many people on this forum have had very good experiences with Airborne.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I have owned 3 Airbornes and have never had any issues with their customer service. it's the holidays and they are probably swamped. I'd like an explanation of you post purchase price renegotiation before making any judgement. Also using your wife's title to try to bully people is pretty low, but hey everybody loves a lawyer.
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning." ShakyPuddin

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 05kas05 View Post
    is it possible that they are busy gearing up for the holidays themselves and that this might be the reason for the delay in getting back to you? not defending them in anyway just wondering.
    No, they clearly had no intention of responding to me, as they were responsive before I purchased the bike, responsive only after, as I said, my wife emailed them with esq after her name. As context, the bike I purchased had gone on sale just as it was shipped to me. I asked if they would consider giving it to me for the sales price. A lot of places do this, whether bike shops or no so I thought I would ask. I would have been disappointed but ok with the fact if they simply said no, sorry, but they gave me a first-class runaround that just isn't consistent with a good business model or their claim for great customer service.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    It suspect it doesn't make sense to you, Shayne, but if you are generally interested in what happened I provided additional context in my response to one of the folks asking if, perhaps, the good people at Airborne might simply be busy because of the holidays.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    A little resentful about lawyers are you? Perhaps you are one of Airborne's "ambassadors" or flacks. Anyway, read my responses to others for additional context. Glad to see, by the way, you are so quick to take sides when you have no basis for doing so. You definitely are not a lawyer, I can see.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Another critical thinker or Airborne flak, I guess. I certainly hope I don't come across any of your suggestions on any of the forums when I am actually looking for helpful, unbiased information on something. Cheers!

mtbr member
    I was hoping this would be a juicy thread about a bike breaking and not getting support. what a let-down! boring thread is boring.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    What was the time frame between the XO model going on sale and ship date?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trail Prospector
    OP, Let's see if I understand this egregious situation correctly...
    (Not an Airborne owner, although I do use their tablets during cold season.)
    Bike was ordered during peak holiday season, they had it in stock, the order was processed, and it was promptly shipped.
    ^ This is the good customer service that many users experience, and no reason to iBlackball them.
    Unless I'm missing something, here's where your post reeks of one who stepped in a steaming pile of dog shite.

Bike then goes on sale, and you decide to apply a Walmart type price match policy to a direct sales bicycle company.
    Email is sent, no reply is given, and they now suspect they're dealing with an unstable individual.
    Additional emails demand the new sale price, after the order was processed, and the bike shipped.
    ^ This strongly suggests irrational behavior.
    The following email sent from an irate spousal esquire confirms suspicion, and implies a bad case of batshitecrazy.

Your name, and contact info now sets off flashing alerts, and hangs prominently on Airborne's wall of shame.
    Now please, kindly remove thy panties from jo azz crack.
    The best is the one you want to ride most often..

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    What was written in your wife's email and why do you think her title was relevant?

Ovaries on the Outside
    Thank god that MTBR's crack law team had time to respond to this national crisis.

Just when I was losing faith in mtbr (again).

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    All I get from this is a guy gets money from his wife to buy a bike, think's he's getting stiffed by the bike company, has his wife contact the bike company, and them whines about the bike company. Sounds like a real man's man. Have you even ridden the bike?

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Hey let's not everyone flame him at once or His Wife Esq. might open an account.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    The bike was shipped within a week of the bike going on sale. I think some on this thread are missing the point. I'm not complaining about the bike and, yes, I have actually ridden it and, while I like it, it's not the best bike I ever owned, but I digress. When I learned of the sale, I contacted Airborne and asked if they would give me the bike at a sales price. Some guy responded by saying that he would have to speak to the director to answer this question. Mind you, this is a small business and has, it looks like, two managerial employees, Jeremy, the director and Eric his co-director????? I never heard from him again so, I sent yet another email. No response. Nothing. So my wife got pissed and sent them an email. Imagine my surprise when she actually received a response. She kept communicating with Eric, the co-director flunky or who ever he is and he gave her the same spiel and literally told her that they had no idea whatsoever, that this bike would go on sale five days prior to the bike going on sale. There was some back and forth between the two and ultimately, my wife posted something about their lousy customer service on their facebook page. It was promptly deleted. The next day, she received an email from Jeremy, the director, who, up to that point, had been too busy to make a decision regarding the sales price, informing her that he would not allow derogatory remarks on his facebook page. In other words, he is censoring customers. So, if you want to spend upwards of two grand on a bike from a shop that does not believe in customer service, by all means do so. Who knows what they will do when your bike breaks. Presumably, that would be your fault.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mack_turtle View Post
    I was hoping this would be a juicy thread about a bike breaking and not getting support. what a let-down! boring thread is boring.

I broke a part on my Airborne. They gave me excellent customer support and actually went above and beyond, in my eyes. Sorry to let you down.
    Eric

mtbr member
    They don't have that policy in place, so they are allowed to say no to your request, pretty simple. They offer a pretty decent build kit on their bikes for much less than you will find at a LBS. You already got a deal, c'est la vi...you ordered just a few days too early.

mtbr member

Re: Avoid Airborne Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by hitking View Post
    I never heard from him again so, I sent yet another email. No response. Nothing. So my wife got pissed and sent them an email.
    So you sent a total of 2 emails before your wife stepped in for you, not the 4-5 you said you sent in your 1st post? Not saying its ok for them to not contact you back, but I'm sure this isn't the only embellishment in your complaint...

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    You need more than Airborne tablets, trail prospector, though your interest in this company, despite apparently having no experience with it, is heartwarming. It is good to have a hobby, of course, and trolling through threads in which you ostensibly have no interest is as good as the next I guess. Airborne is owned by Huffy so your reference to Walmart, in an attempt to sound witty, I guess (?), is more appropriate than you intended.

I though am not interested in how elite or not Airborne is, only whether or not they provide folks with good service or not. You've been living amongst the trees and prospecting for fools gold too long if you are not aware that many businesses do, in fact, inform potential customers of upcoming sales or give them the product at the sales price if the customer purchased it just prior to the sales price. I've purchased bikes, wheels, and many other things on the Internet or in the store and have been told from time to time that if I waited they would be on sale or was even given the sales price at that time.

Your "woody" for Airborne, despite no apparent connection to these folks , though, is duly noted and I hope only that they are able to provide you the appropriate satisfaction. I'd go so far to say with your invective and lack of interest in facts that you would make a fine candidate for the Tea Party.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I sent them 4-5 emails before my beloved bride contacted them.

Kick Start My Heart
    I don't kow much about Airborne or their policies, but I have business experience.
    An item can go on sale, reflecting a lower price from the manufacturer, distributor or whatever the hand before is.
    The bike purchased before the sale was announced may have cost Airborne more than the stock brought in after the sale is announced. (or relatively close to), so there is a financial component to consider.
    That doesn't help your communication issue, but as for price, is a relevant factor.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast