mtbr member
    May 2009

Anyone use an escrow service when buying bikes across the country?

Hey guys! I am buying a bike from a guy in Denver, and I am in Dallas. He (the seller) wants me to pay using a service called Moneybookers. I have heard of it but don't know anything about how it works. He states that I send the money, they hold it, then I get the bike and give it a thumbs up or down. At this point they either release the funds to the seller if I like it, or the bike goes back and I get refunded? Am I understanding this correctly? Anyone use this service?

I wanted to have a buddy just pay him for it in Vail and ship it to me, but I guess the seller fears getting jacked or something and insists on Moneybookers.

I have been on eBay forever usually use Paypal, but am I going to get scammed here by agreeing to use Moneybookers?

Thanks in advance for your help guys....

Alex

Pick a wheel size...
    Paypal or no deal

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Yeah the Moneybookers proposition is so odd....why not just use Paypal? Fees are same, like 2.9%......I thought he was fishy b/c of not going face to face for cash, but then maybe he's scared of getting robbed.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    All you have to do is Google Moneybookers and see for yourself. But here:

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

mtbr member
    May 2009
    That is what I thought. Seemed very odd and smelled funny, considering a face to face deal would be so easy....

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    If I am a Seller and am afraid to get robbed, I'll tell the buyer we meet in a Police Station .

Anyway, I sold a motorbike and we consummated the deal inside my bank. I wanted to be sure all the Benjamins were good.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Exactly what I suggested we do, meet at a bank in Vail.