Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Anthem 2, Top Fuel 8 "07, '07 SC SL?

693 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  40hills 
#1 ·
Ok, narrowed it down to these three. SL is cheaper, but I like the feel of the other two and can't get to a SL to ride. So many folks like the SL and the new design should increase rear stiffness. Top Fuel is new, but did a test ride and it was sweet. Appreciate any help between the 3. I ride single track in SE and want mod. priced fast xc ride to replace my HT. I just need a little relief from the roots, I don't want plush. Scapel should do the trick, but just doesn't do it for me.

#2 ·
Get whichever one fits the best

Mtnsheep said:
Ok, narrowed it down to these three. SL is cheaper, but I like the feel of the other two and can't get to a SL to ride. So many folks like the SL and the new design should increase rear stiffness. Top Fuel is new, but did a test ride and it was sweet. Appreciate any help between the 3. I ride single track in SE and want mod. priced fast xc ride to replace my HT. I just need a little relief from the roots, I don't want plush. Scapel should do the trick, but just doesn't do it for me.
Go for the best fit and/or the one you like the best (for whatever reason is good for you)... the top-tube of the Anthem is stretched out while the top-tube of the SL is shortish for otherwise similarly sized frames... one of them must fit better than the other. However, assuming they all fit o.k., my choice would be the Anthem, then the SL, then the Trek. The Anthem is cool, the SL is a clean and simple classic performer, and the Trek is too ordinary. In fact, I'd have a hard time picking between the Anthem and the SL for your intended use.

I don't want to go beyond the scope of your question, but why not consider the Trance? And how about looking at the Iron Horse Azure? Both of those would be a good choice too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.