Thread: Alibaba.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Alibaba.com

Has anyone purchased a carbon full suspension frame from alibaba.com. If so how your experience ?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Alibaba is a on-line market place in mainland China. Most of the legitimate Chinese carbon manufacturers have on-line stores there. It is larger than Ebay and you need to stick with the companies that people have had positive experiences with. There are scammers out there, only deal with the ones that accept Paypal. I have purchased 2 frames form China, a road frame from Miracle and a new 26" hardtale from Flyxii. Both transactions went well. I haven't read too many guys willing to take a risk on the full suspension models.

Stick with Hongfu, Dengfu, Miracle, etc.. And you will be OK.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I bought an FM038 from Alibaba last week. wrote to quite a few suppliers about frames and ended up getting one from Shenzhen Baolijia Sports Equipment Co., Ltd. Ms Kathy Jin was online on the chat and she was super-helpful with answering all my questions. I had to chat to her again today to ask which headset fit the frame and she was helpful then as well.

I can highly recommend the company. My only word of advice is to make sure you get the right BB and 31.8 seatpost size and ask which headset the bike uses, as well as if the headset is tapered or not. Good luck!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I bought a FM076 (26" full sus) from HongFu in december. No problems. Fast delivery and good quality. I could choose from a selection of finishes and bottom bracket configurations.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I bought a 26" full sus from Hongfu earlier this month. Received it about a 1-1/2 weeks. No problems what so ever....

Tahustvedt: How's the ride? I am still collecting parts and hopefully will be riding it next month...

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by splifrover View Post
    I bought a 26" full sus from Hongfu earlier this month. Received it about a 1-1/2 weeks. No problems what so ever....

Tahustvedt: How's the ride? I am still collecting parts and hopefully will be riding it next month...
    Don't forget to update us when it's done

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I'm liking it so far, but I don't have any previous FS experience. Winters are harsh here (northern Norway) so I haven't done much riding on it yet.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tahustvedt View Post
    I'm liking it so far, but I don't have any previous FS experience. Winters are harsh here (northern Norway) so I haven't done much riding on it yet.
    Could you post some pictures?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Here it is. I painted it myself and made the head tube emblem in my CNC-router.
    Alibaba.com-sykkel06.jpg
    Alibaba.com-sykkel03.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Was there any plat between the shock link and top tube mount? I have some play but I'm afraid if I over tighten the bolt that it will put the bearing in a bind.

mtbr member
    There is a LOT of scammers on alibaba. Tons. Tons and tons and tons!

Theres also a lot of very big, well run and professional businesses that operate out of there. Chinese and Taiwanese companies are usually the good ones. Beware of africa-based companies.

Many of the factories have reps that sell direct on alibaba. Its legit, just beware who you're dealing with. Doing business with them is quite unlike doing domestic business however.

Its just important to stress what alibaba is.. its like an international ebay! Your experience with the site can and will vary hugely depending on who you deal with!

mtbr member
    Can you guys provide links directly to the specific companies. There's a lot of them out there with slightly different variations in names.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by splifrover View Post
    Was there any plat between the shock link and top tube mount? I have some play but I'm afraid if I over tighten the bolt that it will put the bearing in a bind.
    No play on mine.

Also, all hinge points in the suspension have ball bearings.

Rock and/or Roll
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tahustvedt View Post
    Here it is. I painted it myself and made the head tube emblem in my CNC-router.
    It looks very nice! Well done with your build sir!
    I don't see a front derailleur. Do you plan to add one, or will you run a single chain ring in front?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Beware AliExpress too. I tried ordering a frame from Miracle, which I thought was one of the supposedly reputable vendors. After ordering this 1.5 months ago, this has been a string of excuses and issue of a fake tracking number. Then, they stop responding to you to string you along. Moreover, the feedback at AliExpress is totally bogus. You can only leave feedback if you click that your order was received with no issues. If you have a dispute, you cannot leave any feedback. Avoid Miracle at all costs.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsF View Post
    Beware AliExpress too. I tried ordering a frame from Miracle, which I thought was one of the supposedly reputable vendors. After ordering this 1.5 months ago, this has been a string of excuses and issue of a fake tracking number. Then, they stop responding to you to string you along. Moreover, the feedback at AliExpress is totally bogus. You can only leave feedback if you click that your order was received with no issues. If you have a dispute, you cannot leave any feedback. Avoid Miracle at all costs.
    Miracle is fine and has sold many frames including one to me. Communication was very good and I spoke the rep in real time chat several times. Deal with the Chinese companies directly, not through aliexpress. I paid with Paypal, did you? Keep in mind that these companies usually do big orders so making a one off frame for a U.S. buyer is not high on the priority list.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    If you pay with AliExpress, they hold your $ and do not release it to the vendor until you relay that the product was received. In my case, I got my money back. Others may have received their orders fine from Miracle. I am just relaying my experience. I get that one off orders are harder to fill. What I thought was wrong in the way they treated me was: 1) they kept stringing me along with false delivery dates and claims, 2) they stopped communicating with me as they missed delivery dates, 3) they asked me to falsely click on Aliexpress that the item was shipped and then received (which means that the get my $ from Aliexpress). Then they said they'd refund my $ through paypal... Sounds like a reputable company to me.

I turned around ordered a frame from DengFu through Ali and received it in a week-- so not all vendors are bad.