mtbr member
    May 2014

90's era SPECIALIZED M2

Howdy doody yall, Ive been trying to locate my old M2, or one like it since I really loved its feel and durability. Mine was black, and was a year or so before the ad with the famous rider on a Red one, with yellow decals, and shocks. Mine had no stumpjumper decals at all, the forks were called "Peperoni's" Did not come with shocks. Grey Specialized decal on the downtubes, an M2 decal by the rear derailer, And Sick red S logo decal on head tube and seat tube. No other badges or decals. 19" I think. Have not seen one like this at all on the net, all have shocks. or wrong decals. Mine right off the showroom floor. And I had Cooks brothers anodized purple crank arms put on also, they had just came out. So I dont know what year this was. Any help much appreciated. Thanks. Tru. Also any bike brochures for this bike/yr point me to the link thanks.

mtbr member
    The fork with "Pepperoni" was a Cannondale..not a Specy. Should move this to the retro forum..you will have more luck there.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

mtbr member
    May 2014

Cool thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TiGeo View Post
    The fork with "Pepperoni" was a Cannondale..not a Specy. Should move this to the retro forum..you will have more luck there.
    How do I "Move" this post to retro? And I can assure you the bike was a specialized. I really wonder if they took off the shox, and put some black beefy forks with red S's on the sides from a connondale.

mtbr member
    Just re-post it there. Its possible they put a C-dale fork on it and added Specy stickers...you said the fork says "pepperoni"..that was definitely a C-Dale thing back then.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

ballbuster
    So, are you saying your 15+ year old bike was stolen? Sorry to hear. That sucks.

I suggest browsing Craigslist, ebay and the local flea markets. Stolen bikes often end up there.

Gotta say tho, chances are slim. I wouldn't put a ton of effort into it, or you'll just end up angry and heartbroken. Value of that bike these days would be around $300, just because of the Cooks Brothers cranks... maybe $200 with the stock cranks. If you don't have any luck recovering it, I'm sure you can find another one off craigslist if you're patient.... if that is the bike you really burn to ride.

mtbr member
    May 2014

Early 90's M2

Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot View Post
    So, are you saying your 15+ year old bike was stolen? Sorry to hear. That sucks.

I suggest browsing Craigslist, ebay and the local flea markets. Stolen bikes often end up there.

Gotta say tho, chances are slim. I wouldn't put a ton of effort into it, or you'll just end up angry and heartbroken. Value of that bike these days would be around $300, just because of the Cooks Brothers cranks... maybe $200 with the stock cranks. If you don't have any luck recovering it, I'm sure you can find another one off craigslist if you're patient.... if that is the bike you really burn to ride.
    No it was not stolen, 90's era SPECIALIZED M2-_dsc5130.jpg Just found it! But mine came with beefy black forks. This is a 94?