Hi Everyone,

(Posted this in DH/FR section but figure there might be more advice here)

I live in Scotland and am looking to build / buy a Big Hit (7-8 inch travel) freeride bike that I can pedal up hills (< 40lbs), but will also act as a good DH bike for the odd 2 week holiday in the alps etc.

Have been looking into the Ellsworth Rogue (rough spec below):

Frame Ellsworth Rogue (Small)
Rear Shock Fox DHX5.0 CoilShock (with frame)
Fork Rock Shocks Totem Solo Air 180mm
Headset Chris King
Bar Easton EA70 Riser
Stem Thomson Elite X4 / 31.8mm
Seatpost Thomson Elite
Chainset Shimano Saint Dual Ring
Front Mech Shimano XT
Rear Mech Sram X9
Cassette Sram PG990
Chain Sram PC971
Shifters Sram X9
Front Brake Hayes Stroker ACE 180mm / 203mm??
Rear Brake Hayes Stroker ACE 180mm / 203mm??
Front Wheel Hope Pro2 / ZTR Flow / DT Comp
Rear Wheel Hope Pro2 / ZTR Flow / DT Comp
Tyres Maxxis Hi-Roller 2.5"

There are a few things with the spec that I am not sure about:

Small frame: I am 6ft1 and think the small should be ok (as Moment frame in Small and Med seem to be good). Anyone around my height had any issues with this?

Fox DHX Coil: I know the frame comes with this, but am tempted to get a DHX AIR 5.0 as this will save some weight. Anyone know if there are any reasons why this may be a bad idea?

Rock Shocks Totem Solo Air 180mm: Basically just not sure whether to go with the heavier Fox 40 RC2's. What are they like for climbing? Is there a noticable advantage to having 203mm instead of 180mm (and is it worth carrying it up the hill)?

Lastly:
Does anyone else know of any other frames I should be considering? Have thought about a few such as Trek Session 88 FR, Lapierre Froggy, Santa Cruz Bullit. Specialized SX Trail. Any opinions? other suggestions? comments?

Cheers!