Ohh Gnarly!!

2nd bike/loaner Wahoo

Hey all,I recently decided to get into mtb after 20 years not riding(bmx/freestyle/street) so I'm new to this type of bike.Got myself a 2011 Spesh Camber 26" and love it,I haven't taken it out much since I got it,but I know I like it on the street and the trail for now until I can get out to some good stuff.There is 2 things tho...I'm hardtail curious and I want a loaner for a friend I'm trying to get into riding.I've been glued to craigslist and have found a few good ones.My budget was in the $200s until I figured $500s would get a lot more bike,with that being said...what do you think about this?

OP on craig's 2012-06-18
    This is a 17.5 Medium Gary Fisher Wahoo Frame I bought last year, but everything else has been upgraded. It has a Rock Shox Tora 302 front fork that is adjustable from 80-130mm of travel lock out and rebound adjust, XT shifters, XT rear deraillier, SLX front Deraillier and SLX crankset, DT Swiss Wheels, with XT cassette, Juicy 5 Hydraulic disc brakes, lock on grips, Specialized stem, specialized henge seat and more. The Drive train and Bottom Bracket is all brand new as I replaced it about 50miles ago. I have over $1500+ invested in building this bike up. I bought a Carbon Stumjumper FSR and this thing has just sat. This bike is like new. $800

I would have to drive about 6 hours round trip to get this and was thinking more around $600 for it.I'm also 6' with a 31"ish inseam currently on a large in specialized.Thought that size might be more like a bmx? Am I trying to low ball?

Even if I dont get this one,I'm learning about whats what out there and really appreciate the great feedback from all of you!

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2nd bike/loaner Wahoo-5g55e15k33k93f43j8c6i29a6f52091461e53.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    At your size that might too small, but for a year old bike with decent components the price is not bad.
    I would offer $500 and see what he says. In this economy everybody is looking for a deal.

Ohh Gnarly!!
    Thanks for the reply BacDoc...but the search is now over

First replier to the add couldn't make it for 2 more days,since I was 2nd replier,I got it!Now I can take a break from cragslist for a while.

This bike rides like a dream for a $650 bike.Even though its maybe 8-9 years old (not exactly sure when it was made yet) its in such good shape I didn't mind spending $200 for it.It fits me just right and is fun as heck to ride.FD rubs,so its coming off (going 1x8),other than that,a few adjustments and its good to go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2nd bike/loaner Wahoo-pdrm1584.jpg  

2nd bike/loaner Wahoo-pdrm1583.jpg