19. You may not vote on this poll
  • blur

13 68.42%
  • jamis

6 31.58%
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008

2012 santa cruz blur xc Vs. 2011 jamis xcr team

Please help me decide! Will be running a full xtr kit regardless of bike. Jamis comes with the american classic wheelset and the blur comes with easton ea90 wheelset. The jamis retails for 7700 but I can get for the same price as a new blur, around 6000. Any help would be nice. I can't find any reviews on the xcr team.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I have a 2011 Jamis Dakar XCR team and I loved.... I use mainly for endurance races and the bike its great, love the way it handles, fast, the rear suspension works great, tapered fork makes it stiffer. I really like the bike.. I used to have the 2010 but I feel a big difference with the 2011..

I can't talk about the santa cruz because I have never ridden one..........
    www.sebastcycling.com

2011 Jamis Dakar XCR team
    2011 Jamis Dakota DXC Team
    2010 Jamis Xenith SL Team

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    jwf80:

You probably made your choice already, but I raced on several versions of the Blur (original Blur, Blur XC, XC Carbon). All were fantastic rides. I was on the XCR Race 29er for a few months this fall when my regular ride was still the Blur XC Carbon and decided that the XCR Pro 29er carbon would be my next race bike. Unfortunately, it is still not out. The XCR Race frameset interests me since I would opt for other components than what the pre-built Race comes with. The ride quality was not XC stiff, but not Blur plush. It rode similarly to the Blur Carbon, and a lot less severe than an Ellsworth Truth. It was fairly efficient and rolled over anything on the trail. The 3x10 suited me well (I do mostly 12 and 24 hour solos). My current ride is a Jamis Nemesis 650B 2x10. Probably will not do endurance races with the Nemesis.

I assume you were looking at the 26" version, but wanted to give you some input on the 29er.

Cheers,
    Randy