mtbr member
    Jan 2010

2012 Marin T3 XM8 or 2012 Scott Genius 20 ??

Well in short, i can get a killer deal on either bike through my work but was wondering if it was up to you guys what would you choose? I'm on the edge about the equalizer rear shock on the Scott but i also think that the Scott has more Carbon technology and strength into there frame than Marin, but that is just speculation. I know more about the Scott than the Marin, so maybe someone can give their opinions on either and possibly school me on Marin a little bit.

..and as far as the type of riding i do, its mostly local trails that can have some decent descents. Also like to go to my local mountain to ride the lifts up to the summit about 5 times per year, however i stick to the easy and intermediate trails because the black diamonds are nasty and not well established yet. Thanks in Advance!

Marin T3 XM8:
    MARIN BIKES | Mountain FRS | Quad XM 140 | Mount Vision T3 XM8

Scott Genius 20:
    SCOTT Genius 20 - Bike Trail

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    any body have experience with Marin?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    If the 2012 XM8 suspension profile is similar to 2011 then it's very similar to 5 spot but a little more active at the start and more progressive. Some don't like the very active but progressive nature but it makes for an excellent technical climber and very capable of taking the big hits on the way down . A less progressive system like maestro will do better over sharp edge rock gardens.

2012 marins linkge looks different but from what I believe it acts very similar to 2011.they have increased wheelbase and front centre for 2012 so will be vey stable ride and carve the corners well.
    2011 geometry was almost identical to 5 spot.

Bike Radar just posted a Interbike test and video on their site.

I suspect Scott will be a very different ride. You would have experience of that. I suspect needs a lot of input from the shock lever to get the most out of it and better on the smooth climbs?

aw fiddlestix
    Quote Originally Posted by A2k Mike View Post
    Well in short, i can get a killer deal on either bike through my work but was wondering if it was up to you guys what would you choose? I'm on the edge about the equalizer rear shock on the Scott but i also think that the Scott has more Carbon technology and strength into there frame than Marin, but that is just speculation. I know more about the Scott than the Marin, so maybe someone can give their opinions on either and possibly school me on Marin a little bit.

..and as far as the type of riding i do, its mostly local trails that can have some decent descents. Also like to go to my local mountain to ride the lifts up to the summit about 5 times per year, however i stick to the easy and intermediate trails because the black diamonds are nasty and not well established yet. Thanks in Advance!

Marin T3 XM8:
    MARIN BIKES | Mountain FRS | Quad XM 140 | Mount Vision T3 XM8

Scott Genius 20:
    SCOTT Genius 20 - Bike Trail
    Never tried a Marin.

Used to own a Genius 20. Key words being used to.
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    ------__o
    ----_`\<,_
    ---(_)/ (_)