mtbr member
    May 2011

2011 Access Raptor 1.0

Let's start with a little background info. I used to ride BMX for a few years during highschool (skateparks, street, some dirt jumps) but gave that up about 5 years ago. Now I'm 22 and want to get back on a bike, just not a tiny BMX bike, and not in the city. I'm 6'3" and 180 lbs. I've been wanting to try mountainbiking for a few years now. I love the outdoors, and regularly go camping and off roading in my Jeep.

I want a bike that I can do some jumping on (not trying to go huge anymore, I've had my fair share of injuries from BMX and snowboarding), do some easy scenic rides with the GF, and do some fun trails with my friends that are into the sport. My price range is $800 MAX. I know I want a hardtail, because I can't afford a FS bike and I can't see myself using it to it's full potential yet anyways.

Today I rode a few bikes: 2011 GT Avalanche 1.0 and 2.0, 2011 GT Karakoram 2.0, 2011 Access Raptor 1.0, and a 2011 Fuji something or other. Out of them all, the Access Raptore 1.0 was my favorite. It felt smoother than the others, I was more comfortable on it, and apparently it has better parts on it (of which I know NOTHING about). It shifted smoother, stopped better, and the forks felt a lot better to me.

Now, will this be a decent enough bike for me? I want something that can handle a decent amount of abuse.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Hey man, thanks for the review... I'm interested in this bike as well. I'm just starting out as a mountain biker (i'm a rodie guy)... and this buy bike seems like a good entry-level bike.

I'm just curious as what price you paid for it and also what size frame did you go with (M, L, XL?) and if you're happy with it..

I'm 5'10 and 170 pounds... so let me know on your opinion.. thanks dude

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Sorry, I was asking for reviews on it. I've since decided to go with a used full suspension bike though. Picking one up tomorrow.