mtbr member
    Sep 2013

2010 intnse spider2 rear triangle replacement

does anyone happen to know if over the different years of the Spider frame if the rear triangle has remained the same? I am looking in to replacing a cracked rear triangle on a 2010 spider 2 frame, and specifically wonder if an older xvp rear will fit.

thanks for any info

T.W.O.
    Well it's a yes and may be answer. I have several Intense bikes Spider and 5.5, 2 Intense 5.5 they are different size and year, rear triangles are also different. I swapped the rear, no problem. You can do the same with Spider as well.

In your case it's a Spider 2, Spider 2 has a longer travel adj 4.5"-5" so if the question is about fit I think it would but I don't know if it's the same. I know the linkage is where you make the adjustment but the seat stay may be at different length.

The good news is Spider 2 release when Intense were developing the next gen Intense Tracer and all of the other new ones. They have to get rid of all of the round stock tubing they have as well as the rear triangles. There's a great chance that they just use what they have and just CNC the Spider 2 links and call it the new model, if that the scenario then you are golden.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Well, great! thanks for the rapid response too! I got the measurements from the xvp rear triangle owner, and now just need to compare them to the spider2.

thanks again!

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Ok, mission acomplished, so for a fact, the xvp or fro rear triangle fits on the spider 2 frame, with a little love. You will need 2 bushings for the upper link that are approx. .5mm thinner than the stock bushings.

Otherwise, everything mounts up, feels a little less plush than the stock rear, but not much, it also rises the bb height about 1/4", and slackens the head by aboun .5deg.

Sweet! Gonna hit the trails now.

Nearly new intense frame with broken rear triangle that has been stored for two years, $100, xvp rear triangle that has been stored for two years after the front triangle cracked...$60,
    Fox float rl 140mm, used, $200

Hmmm, i might try this again in the future