mtbr member
    Jul 2009

2009 Trek 4300 detailed size information.

Hello,

I have been searching online for some time trying to find information on my bike frame. I need size information for things like the bottom bracket, what size seat post it supports etc. Is there any easy location to find this? Trek wasn't helpful and provided me with this

TrekBikes.com Bike Archive | 2009 4300

Thanks

Picture Unrelated
    Quote Originally Posted by mikep7779 View Post
    Hello,

I have been searching online for some time trying to find information on my bike frame. I need size information for things like the bottom bracket, what size seat post it supports etc. Is there any easy location to find this? Trek wasn't helpful and provided me with this

TrekBikes.com Bike Archive | 2009 4300

Thanks
    Your answer lies in this page I had open in another tab:

8" Digital Caliper

Even if there were a common resource of sizes I'm not sure that I would trust it when I'm putting my money out there trying to buy the right parts. Things like seatposts are usually engraved with their size down below the min insert line and bottom bracket shells come in two sizes, 68 and 73mm so you should be able to get that with a ruler. But if you find that you need to measure lots of things, having a pair of calipers around is a great idea.

Or you could take your bike to your LBS and have them help you.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

Members who have read this thread: 0