mtbr member
    Jan 2013

2008 Ironhorse sunday world cup vs 2012 giant glory 2

Hey guys. I have been Downhilling a bit now and i am looking into buying a full suspension bike. I know that with a budget of $2000 my options are limited but i have found 2 bikes that i am interested in. A 2012 Giant glory 2 and a 2008 Ironhorse sunday world cup. The glory is 100% stock but the iron horse has a fair few aftermarket parts.

So what im asking here would be what would be the better bike?
    Because the iron horse is not %100 stock here is a link to all of its specs.
    SA Custom Anodised Purple Ironhorse Sunday - Medium (17"))

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    bump

T.W.O.
    I like the glory, it has a great design and good racing pedigree, but you can't beat the Sunday, that's just an awesome bike, in your case, you gotta love purple though.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    the problem is its a 5 year old frame and parts are scare. thats the only thing im worrying about.

T.W.O.
    Actually that's not the only thing, it's a 5 year old DH frame. Certainly it has seen some abuse.

I'd say check them out first see which one fit you better and also check the condition.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi1885 View Post
    Actually that's not the only thing, it's a 5 year old DH frame. Certainly it has seen some abuse.

I'd say check them out first see which one fit you better and also check the condition.

I guess i will probably go with the giant. The ironhorse i think i will have a hard time replacing things.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jval83 View Post
    I guess i will probably go with the giant. The ironhorse i think i will have a hard time replacing things.
    Go with the Giant. The proven Maestro platform is one of if not the best suspension designs available. If you are buying it new you will get a full warranty which does it for me. I doubt you will get the same offer from the now defunct Iron Horse.