mtbr member
    Jul 2010

2006 Cannondale Rush 1000

Anyone have / ride one of these bikes? Found one on Craigslist, looks to be in very good condition, but I am a little worried about that Lefty fork... mostly because it loos so different, and I have never rode or owned one! Discuss please
    http://www.cannondale.com/usa/usaeng...6VM1-Rush-1000

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    Well what you should do is ride a regular fork for a summer, then take a spin on a Lefty for comparison.
    I will tell you there isnt any real shortcoming to the 'fork'...It will give you a stiff strong ride up front.
    You have nothing to worry about in terms of strength .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfDuAE8HdX4

Check it out. I would like to see a regular fork demonstrated likes this for comparisons sake.
    CDT

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Nice, that does make me feel more comfortable How is maintenance on those forks? Easy enough to perform by a novice? Just trying to find out as much as I can, going to check one out tomorrow. Thanks!

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    I didnt check which one you had ,but my 140mm Lefty max was pretty straight forward....I just paid the LBS to do the oil change since I was lazy....
    Resetting the bearings was pretty simple and only required me to buy a Shimano BB tool.....

The bearing strips can migrate a bit and then the travel is somewhat reduced.
    Resetting the bearings is something I would say a normal guy could do in 5 minutes.
    Pop into the Cdale forum for more fanboy talk
    CDT