mtbr member
    Jun 2010

2005 Trek Session 7 rear dropout and caliper hanger

hey guys i have a 05 session 7 and i broke the drop out on the left side that holds the axle and disk brake caliper.... i called my trek dealer and they cant get one and they cant fallow the factory lifetime warranty because i bought the bike used.... so idk what to do .... can someone please help me and send me in the right direction??

Photobucket
    Photobucket

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I had an 05 Session 77 and did the exact same thing. It took Trek more than 2 weeks to get me the hanger/dropout. They said that there weren't too many floating around. They ended up calling a shop in NJ that hand one and I bought it from them.

I called Trek directly, didn't go through a dealer. I'm sure if you call and complain they'll do something for you. And when you call, don't tell them you bought the bike used.
    2013 Transition TransAM 29er
    2012 Banshee Spitfire V1.5
    2011 Yeti 303R DH
    2005 Trek Bruiser SS

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    ok.... thanks alot.... ill try to get a hold of them....

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    i can not find anywhere, where trek has a number to call... maybe they went all internet since then......

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I have a buddy that broke the exact same part a few weeks back. He went to the LBS we both frequent to see what they could do, and apparently one of the Trek engineers had one of those brackets lying around home that was a prototype pre-production part - no actual production parts left. They sent it to the LBS/my buddy for free (!), who bought the engineer a 12-pack for his trouble.

Unfortunately, this doesn't help you. I figured I'd just tell you the story, to try to give you some more input on the subject. Not sure what to tell you....maybe talk to your Trek dealer and see if you can get a number to get in touch with corporate?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    ok... so i got a hold of corporate.... and they said that its not in stock...... but its not discontinuid either...... but he says there isn't a ETA for it..... so idk what is going on... he told me to check back the 1st week of july... Damn.... didn't want to wait another month.... i have already gone 2 w/out riding..... this sucks!!!!