mtbr member
    Apr 2009

2003 Trek Liquid 10

Hey guys I am a newbie to mountain biking switching over from bmx. I found a 2003 trek liquid 10 for sale for 500 I haven't seen the bike yet but it is supposed to be in good shape asside from cosmetic damage. Is this a good deal? What should I look for when I go to see the bike? Will the life time frame warrenty for the frame be valid since I will not be the original owner? Thanks a lot for any help and advice I plan to be around these forums a lot in the future I am very excited to get into mountain biking.

Former Bike Wrench
    Will the life time frame warrenty for the frame be valid since I will not be the original owner?
    No, the lifetime warranty is not transferable

If it is in VERY good shape...meaning drivetrain and all major components are functioning correctly and do not need immediate replacement or service, then $500 is not too bad

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72
    No, the lifetime warranty is not transferable

If it is in VERY good shape...meaning drivetrain and all major components are functioning correctly and do not need immediate replacement or service, then $500 is not too bad
    Thanks for your reply, he was originally asking $600 but I managed to talk him down to $500. I called the bike shop where it was purchased and they said that as long as their sticker is still on the bike(which he said it is) they will take a look at it and make sure everything is ok free of charge so I am meeting the seller at the shop so hopefully everything goes well and I can hit some trails this weekend! I am decently mechanically inclined I use to work on BMX bikes all the time and I do all my own work on my motorcycle and have also done an engine swap with my motorcycle, do you think I will be able to learn how to do the maintenance on this bike? Any others comments/advice is greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I also now have the option to buy a new Iron Horse Maverick Pro 21" for $500, would I still be better off going with the used Trek if its in good condition ?

Former Bike Wrench
    I also now have the option to buy a new Iron Horse Maverick Pro 21" for $500, would I still be better off going with the used Trek if its in good condition ?
    Yuck!!!

Stick with the Trek