locked - time out
    Oct 2007

2003 rocky mountain fanatik question swingarm

hey guys, i just bought a 2003 rocky mountain fanatik on ebay not too long ago after two pretty fast trail rides the swingarm cracked , wasnt really the bikes fault as the de-raillour got banged up and bent around and twisted the swingarm where it mounts with the deraillour as i was pedalling, question is i cant find any replacement swingarms, or frames on ebay, it seems to small of a section to spotweld, and i dont feel like buying another bikes, the bike feels really nice on the trails for me and turns and climbs very well for a budget minded fs. i will be calling rocky mountain tomorow too find out what they can do and my last result would be bringing it to a bike shop has anyone ran into this problem before (swingarm replacement that is) i think the rocky mountain warranty is 5 years on frame but idk if the swingarm constitutes as the frame and i am also the second owner so idk if the warranty gets voided, any help is greatlly appreciated im just getting into the sport more serious so i dont have alot of exp fixing these things lol thanks!

There's no app for this.

RMB will sell you a new

swing arm. Warranty doesn't apply, as the damage isn't due to their manufacturing, but due to a crash/trail damage. No bike mfr. covers that under warranty, except Santa Cruz and a few others under crash replacement policy. But you still pay for the part(s).

Jim

Former Bike Wrench
    Warranties also do not apply to anyone other than the original owner. But in this case your description is not a warranty situation anyway. You don't need to buy another bike, just a new swingarm from Rocky Mountain.

locked - time out
    Oct 2007
    thx for the replys guys, i didnt really think that the warranty would pan out i just was curious lol, but as for the swinger im gonna get a price from them today and see what the damage is dunno if i can order it right away as im going on vacation for over a week and i dont want it sitting outside thx for the help anyway guys