mtbr member
    Apr 2004

2001 Jekyll 1000 with upgrades /or/ 2004 Enduro Expert

Hey guys. Ok, my friend has an 2001 Jekyll 1000 with upgraded components, XTR brake levers, XTR rear derailleur, XT crankset.. so on... basically full xt/xtr with an extra 0.5" in rear travel with both front and rear lockout. He's willing to let go for about 1100. I know it has been in pretty good condition as he rides regularly and is an experienced rider and races quite regularly. Before this, I was considering either an 04 Enduro Expert, as the adjustabilities in travel really appeal to me and also the lockouts front and back. Also, having a Talas RL up front and adjustable rear suspension shows that I can do all mountain and even a little freeride with full travel front and back or I can suck down the travel to 80mm and 100mm and race crosscountry. I can get it for about 2199. What do you guys think I should do?

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by synkronized23
    Hey guys. Ok, my friend has an 2001 Jekyll 1000 with upgraded components, XTR brake levers, XTR rear derailleur, XT crankset.. so on... basically full xt/xtr with an extra 0.5" in rear travel with both front and rear lockout. He's willing to let go for about 1100. I know it has been in pretty good condition as he rides regularly and is an experienced rider and races quite regularly. Before this, I was considering either an 04 Enduro Expert, as the adjustabilities in travel really appeal to me and also the lockouts front and back. Also, having a Talas RL up front and adjustable rear suspension shows that I can do all mountain and even a little freeride with full travel front and back or I can suck down the travel to 80mm and 100mm and race crosscountry. I can get it for about 2199. What do you guys think I should do?
    Well your talking about a big price difference there. But seeing you want to do a little freeriding go with Enduro, the older jekylls were built as cross country bikes and I think by the sounds of it you will be happier with the Enduro(but will your bank account??).