mtbr member
    Apr 2008

2001 Bianchi Grizzly - Worth $600?

I recently came across a posting on Craigslist for a 2001 Bianchi Grizzy. Looks pretty much exactly like the one on this page, with a few upgrades. I also looked at the reviews on the review page, and everything seems to check out there as well.

I checked out the bike and it's in great condition. Rode it and everything seems to be in order. I put down a deposit on the bike just to hold it. Now my question to you is if you think it's worth $600. It seems to me that the components are worth $600 alone, but I am a noob and I wanted to ask the experts!

Thanks!!!
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by okthirteen; 04-22-2008 at 04:45 AM. Reason: adding photo!

mtbr member
    I think it has a steel frame so thats a little different. I am going to guess its pretty much XT/XTR componentry with a set of light weight wheels, maybe Mavic 517 or something even lighter. I think its worth $600 and probably new sold for something like $1500 with a SID fork. Its a Bianchi and its in the Celeste green so that adds a little to its value. It will always stand out in a crowd. Dont over analyze the deal but if the fork and wheels have been replaced/upgraded since it was new and it has an XT/XTR crank I think its a very good deal. If they havent but the bike is in good shape then go out and win a race.

bi-winning
    It looks like it is in pretty mint condition, so I think $600 is probably a pretty fair price, maybe even a deal. It looks like it has never been ridden based on the picture.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I bought a 2001 Grizzly back in '02 as a clearance bike purchase for $1000.00. The components that it comes with are very "meh", but the frame and fork are outstanding. Assuming the bike's a combo of XT and XTR and the frame is in good shape, that's probably a good deal. If its the original fork, Marzocchi's are easy to rebuild and parts are pretty cheap.

Apr 2007
    Long shot, but just curious if this guy ended up buying the bike?