mtbr member
    Mar 2011

2000 Cannondale Jekyll 600 FS

So I am looking into getting into mtb, a little bit of everything freeride and xc. I found a 2000 model of the Jekyll 600 on my local craigslist for what seems to be pretty cheap, but I am pretty aprehensive. After 10 years everything is still stock, nothing replaced. Bike has V brakes as well, and from what I have gathered, that needs to go to disc. My thought is I will eventually need to upgrade just about everything. Is the frame worth it, or is that too out of date as well

Just curious what is a fair price from some people who really know mtb. Guy wants 500, but I think I can get him to 300 after talking, to him. Deal or waste of money?

Braille Riding Instructor
    Jan 2008
    http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...0600&Type=bike

That was a sweet ride 11 years ago. I'm sure it could still get the job done, but you'd probably have to replace the drivetrain (assuming it's still stock) and those brakes. I suppose I'd be just as apprehensive as you.

T.W.O.
    The first Jekyll has 125mm rear travel the one after that is 135mm I had the latter one and love mine I wish I didn't sell mine. I would try to look for the newer version.

I should be studying...
    I have a 900sl from 2000; great bike! Unfortunately, it is still an 11 year old bike with 11 year old parts, most of which will need to replaced. More over, that model has the boned swing arm. In the end, you will be spending a lot more than whatever you pay to get it to be semi modern. I would look elsewhere.
    Formerly known as iceaxe