mtbr member
    Aug 2009

09 Gary Fisher Wahoo Worth $350?

On Craigs.

"Selling a 2009 Gary Fisher Wahoo Mountain Bike. Was bought from Bike Barn in Houston last after Hurricane Ike September right after the new model came out. has 800 miles on it, tires have not been replaced since purchased but still have tread on them and are good for mountain biking. Shocks and Lockout system both work fine. Gears and chain show signs of wear, but the derailleurs are in good shape. Frame is in perfect geometry and has very little wear for 800 miles. Most of those miles were road biking and only about 150 were actually mountain biking. "

Think it's worth the $350 he's asking?

Last edited by deftrance; 09-03-2009 at 08:02 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    If it was the disc model I'd say yes,but I don't know if I'd pay that much for the regular model.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    It's the regular model. The reason I'm considering it is I heard that the frame on the Wahoo is the same as the rest of the series and is supposed to be a pretty badass frame, so I figured I could get it and ride it as-is for now and upgrade parts later.

mtbr member
    I think its a pretty good deal. The wheels can probably be upgraded to disc brakes. Make sure the bike fits. Usually good deals go pretty fast so I wouldnt wait around.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Yeah, I haven't heard back from the guy, so I'm assuming I missed it. =/ Ah well, I really love that frame, too. The white looks so nice.

mtbr member
    You will probably have to look outside your area for a bike. Austin even though its probably smaller might have 4x as many bikes that might work for you. You didnt say your height but if you are around 509-510 then the 18 inch bikes will probably be the best fit. Heres a Stumpjumper over in Austin a little more money but still a great deal at $550. Its very attractive with the Fox Fork. I think its worth the $200 more partly for the fork and the build group is generally better. I think the drive to Austin would be worth it for the right deal. This is another attractive one.

http://austin.craigslist.org/bik/1350131794.html

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I've been looking at both Austin and San Antonio, definitely. $550 is unfortunately at the extreme high of my budget (I have 600 for bike + gloves + helmet)

As for my height I am approx. 5'10" w/ a 29.5 inseam.

mtbr member
    offer them less!!!