Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21616768697071
Results 3,501 to 3,515 of 3515
    mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by 84prerunner View Post
    Haven't riden a bicycle in about 10 years, coming from a dirt bike trail riding back ground. Last weekend I picked up s Craigslist bike cheap. It is very clear it is a cheap bike but I want to make sure it's something I enjoy before dumping loads of money into it. So far I've riden about 25 miles and learned this beast is wayyyy to heavy.
    Already bought a used rock shox monarch rt rear shock for it and am going to pickup some clipless pedals tomorrow. Plan was to slowly upgrade it as I went, I think that plan went out the window after riding my friends Pivot race bike, thing is insane and gave me instant confidence compared to my bike.

How heavy is it, bathroom scale?
    You are comparing a multi $$$$ bike with a budget bike, not a fair comparison.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by gilpi View Post
    How heavy is it, bathroom scale?
    You are comparing a multi $$$$ bike with a budget bike, not a fair comparison.
    It is 40lbs on the dot...with a Bathroom scale.
    It seems to be the front of this bike that is a tank. I am wondering how much weight I'd lose with a new fork.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    On-One parkwood 650b

RAKC/ITUO
    Quote Originally Posted by 84prerunner View Post
    Haven't riden a bicycle in about 10 years, coming from a dirt bike trail riding back ground. Last weekend I picked up s Craigslist bike cheap. It is very clear it is a cheap bike but I want to make sure it's something I enjoy before dumping loads of money into it. So far I've riden about 25 miles and learned this beast is wayyyy to heavy.
    Already bought a used rock shox monarch rt rear shock for it and am going to pickup some clipless pedals tomorrow. Plan was to slowly upgrade it as I went, I think that plan went out the window after riding my friends Pivot race bike, thing is insane and gave me instant confidence compared to my bike.

Dude your money is much better spent on many other things over clueless pedals. Not that their bad, but way overrated. Plus most will tell you learning mountain bike on clipless can cause issues. Learn to ride on flats so you get proper technique down, use the money for a better seat etc. Stuff to make your ride more comfortable.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    Great lights:

www.ituolights.com

Life on 2 wheels is the only life for me. Especially once it gets dark.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    Dude your money is much better spent on many other things over clueless pedals. Not that their bad, but way overrated. Plus most will tell you learning mountain bike on clipless can cause issues. Learn to ride on flats so you get proper technique down, use the money for a better seat etc. Stuff to make your ride more comfortable.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the advice, but it's too late lol. Bought the pedals and shoes yesterday. I can always transfer them to a new bike down the road. I would spend the money in better places, but I am still figuring that out. IMO the seat is fine but I don't have much to compare it to and I don't know what else I want/need.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    nice bikes on here.

dont' buy a seat until you learn to adjust the one you already have. Seat, brake lever and shifter adjustment is the #1 problem i see with bikers.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Raleigh Kodiak 2 only upgrades so far is crank bros 50/50 flats which I like so far. Upgrading quite a bit this winter. I bought this to make sure I was going to stick with mtb. So this winter I am upgrading to 1x11 new wheel and tire set and going tubeless. Dropper seat post possibly some other minimal things but we will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Upgraded my spring to an actual shock. Excited to ride it, feels grate around the neighborhood.

mtbr member

2 month old GT backwoods sport

My new whip
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)-20161023_090437.jpg  

Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)-20161023_090457.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)-bike1.jpg
    Giant/Liv Tempt 3. Only upgrades so far are 5050 pedals. Love it so far.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Here's my entry level bike. It's an old Haro V2 i got off a coworker for $50. Had been sitting for a few years and needed some TLC. After a good cleaning, inspection, re-greasing, and new chain, it's running pretty great.
    Only mods so far are a Schwalbe Magic Mary 2.3 tire in the front and a Hans Dampf 2.3 in the back. I do have a RockShox Reba Team fork in the mail though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Soon I shall have a pic to post

Danger Zone
    My entry level bike was a 2010 Scott Aspect 20. I heavily weighed the idea of upgrading it with decent parts or buying a new bike. I ended up scoring a really good deal on a Rocky Mountain Instinct 950 MSL and it was such a good decision. I would never have been able to upgrade the Scott to the same level for the same amount of money.

Still have the Scott though, and do ride it occasionally when I don't feel like beating up the better bike

mtbr member

Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)

Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)-img_1348.jpg

Jamis D29 All Custom
    Ritchey Seatpost
    Crank Brothers Cobalt 2 Rims
    Maxxis L.U.S.T. Ardent 29" x 2.25"
    1x1 setup with Truvativ crankset (SRAM XO 9x1 coming soon:-))
    SRAM Level T brakes
    Reba RockShox RL 100mm travel
    Marin Mtn XC series handlebars

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    After only a month on my cheapy ironhorse I stepped up my game yesterday. 16 stumpjumper comp 650b

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21616768697071