Name:	IMG_20170718_191409.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	1148887

2016 GT Helion Elite, my first FS bike.
    Congrats, looks sharp!

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    I got a long way to go before I even think about hitting trails. 6 mile ride today and I had to stop about 3 miles in because my thighs were just dead. Was like a baby giraffe lol

Mongoose Ruddy Comp
    Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)-bike.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    I hear you easedel, I get passed so much on the trails but damn it is so fun to just be out there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by easedel View Post
    I got a long way to go before I even think about hitting trails. 6 mile ride today and I had to stop about 3 miles in because my thighs were just dead. Was like a baby giraffe lol

Mongoose Ruddy Comp
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	1149038
    If you keep on riding, it will be sooner than you think! How are you liking the bike?
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    2014 All City Macho Man Disc
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Nice Bike... I was just talking to a guy the other day who said that Mongoose made some better bikes than you see at your local Walmart. Have Fun Riding!

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Aude22 View Post
    Nice Bike... I was just talking to a guy the other day who said that Mongoose made some better bikes than you see at your local Walmart. Have Fun Riding!
    Considering i have nothing to compare it too, i like it so far but I just been riding pavement around the neighborhood. I imagine whenever I get to ride trails, ill really see how well those tires work ( 27.5 2.8 ). On pavement though it does feel like im dragging an anchor lol.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Aude22 View Post
    Yea i was looking for something that will last and support my weight so i needed air FS. At my budget, it was hard to find but i saw this on nashbar and it was on sale for $694 so I couldn't pass it up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Great looking bike!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by easedel View Post
    Considering i have nothing to compare it too, i like it so far but I just been riding pavement around the neighborhood. I imagine whenever I get to ride trails, ill really see how well those tires work ( 27.5 2.8 ). On pavement though it does feel like im dragging an anchor lol.
    My suggestion, save a few bucks 2/300 for a couple of months and pick up an exercise bike from CL. This way, it's much easier to train, and save on tires, and keep your trail bike for your trail rides. You can find some great deals, maybe even a rigid 29er.

Just a thought.
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    2014 All City Macho Man Disc
    Nashbar 29er (Rigid)

Giggity!

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Slowly starting to get addons that i need. I got lucky with the lock, i pulled it off my old 1998 mongoose decade ( BMX ) lol surprisingly found the key for it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    My suggestion, save a few bucks 2/300 for a couple of months and pick up an exercise bike from CL. This way, it's much easier to train, and save on tires, and keep your trail bike for your trail rides. You can find some great deals, maybe even a rigid 29er.

Just a thought.
    I did think about that.
    First thought of getting an extra set of rims and throwing some like 2.4 on it for when im on the street and swapping when needed but figured that would be too much of a hassle.

Might look at the end of summer and winter sales to find something cheap.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017

Just got my first mountain bike Friday. Haven't had a bike since my teenage bmx bike and that was about 15 years ago I was riding that around.

Just did my first trail, the Fort Benning mountain bike trail and holy cow did I underestimate how much effort it was going to take to go through that! It really whooped me.. Had a blast though and can't wait to go again, which will probably be after the soreness goes away.

Oh the bike is a GT Aggressor Pro, did really well for me I think, nice entry level bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BB3
    mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Nice looks nice!
    You must be tough heading out there right away assuming not much mileage prior to.
    Good luck!

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by BB3 View Post
    Nice looks nice!
    You must be tough heading out there right away assuming not much mileage prior to.
    Good luck!
    Zero prior mileage lol, was reading what trail reviews were available and seemed like most people were considering it a novice trail, if that's the case, then I have a lot of work to do. It was difficult! Admittedly I had to walk the bike up a few hills towards the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BB3
    mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    I don't ride as often as I would like to but still walk up some hills. I've been riding consistently (2-3 times a week) for a few months. Wish I had more time less work etc to build up more miles.
    Within a few rides you'll notice differences just from familiarity and how to handle certain parts of the trails.
    It's all good.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Nice Bike!

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Members who have read this thread: 352