Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,500 of 3617
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Rocky Mountain Fusion
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)-rm1.jpg  

mtbr member
    2011 Diamondback Response Sport, Mavic Crossrides and new rubber. Deore front and rear derailers. Since pic was taken I have changed the seat and handlebar/stem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)-img_0534.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpal73 View Post
    2011 Diamondback Response Sport, Mavic Crossrides and new rubber. Deore front and rear derailers. Since pic was taken I have changed the seat and handlebar/stem.
    Turn that XR2 in rear around and run it the other way for better traction. Depending on your trail conditions, you may not like the XR2 up front. I didn't but I really like for the rear. Fast rollers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro S View Post
    Turn that XR2 in rear around and run it the other way for better traction. Depending on your trail conditions, you may not like the XR2 up front. I didn't but I really like for the rear. Fast rollers.
    I put it on backwards on purpose its duel directional. normal way like you suggested is for traction on climbs. Reversed its faster on hardpack with almost no rolling resistance

Ba ba ba bird bird bird
    My 2011 Giant Talon 29er 1. I just ordered a 120mm Marzocchi 44 Micro Ti to replace the crappy Suntour, and a Raceface 34t bashguard. Other than wanting a new seat, I love this thing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)-new-image.jpg  

I ride brikes, dingus'
    Here is my first/entry level bike..2012 Trek Mamba

mtbr member
    2011 Giant Revel 0

Going to replace seat soon. Taking it out for first time this weekend at local trails
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)-photo.jpg  

Last edited by slumpey; 12-03-2011 at 03:04 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Havnt got a bike yet, im not too sure how to choose one!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Here's mine. Stem and Bars upgraded already, Seat Post and seat coming soon and I'll look into wheels when I figure out what I want / need. Just going to enjoy it right now

Last edited by gamb; 12-05-2011 at 11:13 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    my bike is a cannondale trail sl2
    upgrades!
    sram x0 rear der
    cb eggbeaters triple ti
    pancracer fire pro rear tire
    slime tubes

upgrades to come! (money permitting XD)
    fork (I'm thinking rs revelation)
    seat - selle italia diva
    new something to do with the bars/stem (my wrists kill me)
    brakes
    wheelset (if and when the death of my current rims comes around)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)-01a.jpg  

Sandy Eggo
    My new Trek 6000

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    2012 Specialized Camber Comp
    This is my first bike ever! Just started riding about 2 months ago and I've got much to learn.

Upgrades: Specialized Ariel saddle (thank god!), Crank Brother Mallet pedals
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)-image-1.jpg  

Last edited by M.Cov; 12-04-2011 at 09:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Cov View Post
    2011 Specialized Camber Comp
    This is my first bike ever! Just started riding about 2 months ago and I've got much to learn.

Upgrades: Specialized Ariel saddle (thank god!), Crank Brother Mallet pedals
    Plus you will get all my hand me downs from my 2012 Stumpjumper FSR Comp!

Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)-uploadfromtaptalk1323099939735.jpg

94 Giant Yukon. Replaced the brakes with some Cane Creek canti's and also some new tires. I've risen her about 650 miles since April.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    My first go into mountain biking, '10 Jamis Dakar XC and my gf's 2011 Gary Fisher. Couldn't be happier, now lots of learning to do!

mtbr member
    1991 Specialized Hardrock set up fixed/free

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Here is my bike, I realized that I bought this before my son was born and he is now 15.5 years old. I think it is time to upgrade, but don't know what to buy. This bike is a specialized rock hopper fs and still works very well, I am just wondering what I am missing. The fact that my wife told me I bought her an expensive Chanel purse, gives justification to buying a new bike from her for my Christmas gift. I am in Orange County, CA so any help with locating a good deal or good shop is appreciated. I would like to spend between $500-$1000 am 5'10" and 235. My riding will be on the street and some single track around the house, most likely another hard tail, possibly another Specialized if there are last years models in my price range.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)-rockhopperfs.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Ive seen a few 1-2 year old lightly used rockhoppers for sale on CL around my area for less than $500.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX
    Pure XCR Wheelset/Geax Saguaro Tires/Tubeless
    Bike Weight Lost: 2.48lbs (1124g)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kt42 View Post
    upgrades to come! (money permitting XD)
    fork (I'm thinking rs revelation))
    They did a pretty good job color matching the bike. Bike manufacturers don't seem to do that anymore

I especially like the "Team Red" bikes that Specialized had about 10 yrs ago.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I ended up taking my wife to Performance with me and she talked me into trying out the Fuji Outland 2.0 29er. I was test riding the GT and Diamondback hardtails, but after a ride on the Fuji we ended up buying it. The bike was on monthly special for $1050 and we joined the Performance club for a 10% credit towards future purchases. Club membership was $30, but well worth it considering the rebate. I am really enjoying this bike, it is much easier to climb hills, has much better braking and suspension than my old RockHopper. They have a satisfaction guarantee, but I think I'll be keeping this bike for a while.

No longer a hardtailkid.
    That was fast
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonys
    Its still just the push of a button away...
    I am no longer a hardtailkid. 2012 Trek Remedy 9!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Choosing a bike

Quote Originally Posted by BR1GHTMAN View Post
    Havnt got a bike yet, im not too sure how to choose one!
    You can't really go wrong choosing a bike... just choose what feels right to you as far as geometry and research components to make sure you are getting the most for your money. I have the Cannondale Trail SL 2 and the main reason I picked it was because it had ok components and a pretty nice mid level fork. Remember that you are probably not going to be able to upgrade a bunch of stuff on the bike right after you purchase it (money depleted so you're going to want to have good components that you can get by with for a little while. And test riding a bike at your LBS or at REI or something helps a lot.

No longer a hardtailkid.
    My #1 rule is to support your local bike shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonys
    Its still just the push of a button away...
    I am no longer a hardtailkid. 2012 Trek Remedy 9!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    its great to see so many of you guys on hardtails, they will make you a much better rider in terms of line choices. Also when of If you make the switch to full suspension you will be much faster than someone who learned on full suspension!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    2012 Trek Cobia

mtbr member
    Here was my 1st, a beat up old K2 Zed 2.0
    It went from this:

To this:

To this (it's current and most fun flavor)

And This was my 1st serious MTB, strangely I kinda miss the Tank.
    -Eric
    Keeping the hardtail dream alive, one ride at a time.

Trailhead Poseur
    Quote Originally Posted by kt42 View Post
    Hey, I just got the same bike a couple of months ago! Same color, too. I was actually looking at Rockhoppers but happened upon this one on clearance discounted down into my price range.

The only real upgrades I've made to mine are changing out the platform pedals for Time ATAC Roc's, and swapping the SB8 tires for Excavators. Next upgrade, I'll most likely be swapping the 44t chainring with a bash guard and running 2x9. In practice I never use it, the only thing it's good for is getting hung up on logs and snagging my pantleg when I ride with my daughter to school.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle_vk View Post
    My first go into mountain biking, '10 Jamis Dakar XC and my gf's 2011 Gary Fisher. Couldn't be happier, now lots of learning to do!

another fellow tank owner!! What year is your Dakar?
    -Eric

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Heres mine

My first bike. Fuel EX
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)-img_20111122_001705.jpg  

mtbr member
    Just started mtn biking in July. Here's my first!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)-img_6773.jpg  

If you don't like the way I ride, stay on the road!!!

mtbr member
    My '95 Rockhopper

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy1975 View Post
    My '95 Rockhopper

Holy crap!! I have a Stumpjumper around that vintage - didn't really think of that as my first mtb!!! I might start riding it on the trails!! I'm guessing you ride that bike in the dirt still!!??

mtbr member
    Oh yes!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Not as nice as some of the sweet rides I've seen on here but here's my re-entry into biking after 15 years bike; '11 Giant Talon 1. Upgrades so far: Monkeybar and Easton Stem, Ergon Grips, SRAM X0 3x9 Shifters and Front/Rear Derailleurs & Cassette, Shimano XT Crank, Marzocchi Micro Ti Fork, Straitline Pedals, Gore Cables, Sele Sadle and Easton Post. Next I'm looking at wheelsets for Clydesdales
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)-talon-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Race Face Turbine 24-36-Bash combo
    Black Spire Stinger
    Truvativ AKA Seatpost.

$1550 into this- so far

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FNGSupreme View Post
    Not as nice as some of the sweet rides I've seen on here but here's my re-entry into biking after 15 years bike; '11 Giant Talon 1. Upgrades so far: Monkeybar and Easton Stem, Ergon Grips, SRAM X0 3x9 Shifters and Front/Rear Derailleurs & Cassette, Shimano XT Crank, Marzocchi Micro Ti Fork, Straitline Pedals, Gore Cables, Sele Sadle and Easton Post. Next I'm looking at wheelsets for Clydesdales
    Nice!!! Don't even begin to think or compare to what others here have! So long as this bike works for you in every respect, that's a perfect bike for you!!!

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by FNGSupreme View Post
    Hey, you got some Christmas wheels there already
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I have an '08 Haro Escape Sport that I rode into the ground a couple years ago. I want to rebuild it but I'm not sure how yet

Can't post pics yet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)-img_0038.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Nice.. Mine will be coming soon... schwinn elite

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urbansniper View Post
    2011 wahoo
    - serfas gel seat
    - forte platform pedals

love the bike so far...gunna ride it until something breaks...then upgrade that part

You know those reflectors NEVER break!!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazzy View Post
    I have an '08 Haro Escape Sport that I rode into the ground a couple years ago. I want to rebuild it but I'm not sure how yet

Can't post pics yet
    You have a tiled ceiling!!

mtbr member
    There are some pretty schnazzy rides in here for "entry level" bikes?
    -Eric

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Pancroft View Post
    You have a tiled ceiling!!
    LMAO!!

mtbr member
    Well I wanted to show you guys my first Mountain bike ever but I have to have a total of 10 posts before I can post links or images so I will come back and edit it later with images, but I just got a 2011 Gravity 29point1 in Matte Bronze from Bikes Direct for only $117. pretty stoked gonna ride it next weekend I hope!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DieTheVillain View Post
    Well I wanted to show you guys my first Mountain bike ever but I have to have a total of 10 posts before I can post links or images so I will come back and edit it later with images, but I just got a 2011 Gravity 29point1 in Matte Bronze from Bikes Direct for only $117. pretty stoked gonna ride it next weekend I hope!
    I've been looking at the Gravity bikes, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm really interested in the 29point2 or 29point3, but if you can tell me how to score one for $117 then I'll be all for taking the lower model and upgrading.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by msucase View Post
    I've been looking at the Gravity bikes, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm really interested in the 29point2 or 29point3, but if you can tell me how to score one for $117 then I'll be all for taking the lower model and upgrading.
    x2, been looking to get my wife a new bike and id love to get her a medium framed 29er.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

mtbr member
    i ordered it and when it came in there was a pretty nasty scratch on the frame, that coupled with a friend of mine working there, I got his employee discount.

mtbr member
    i ordered it and when it came in there was a pretty nasty scratch on the frame, that coupled with a friend of mine working there, I got his employee discount.
    So, other than the nasty scratches, what's your impression of the Gravity so far? Looks like all of the bikes use the same frame, just different components. Are you liking the point1 or do you think the extra $100 for the point2 or $300 for the point3 would be money well spent?
    2006 Trek Fuel EX 6
    1997 GT Timberline FS

mtbr member
    I will come back and tell you once I have a chance to take it out, just got it on sunday and it was nasty out...
    2011 Gravity 29point1 19" frame

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    heres mine that i got last month
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)-bike.jpg  

Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)-bike1.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by msucase View Post
    So, other than the nasty scratches, what's your impression of the Gravity so far? Looks like all of the bikes use the same frame, just different components. Are you liking the point1 or do you think the extra $100 for the point2 or $300 for the point3 would be money well spent?
    I have the point3 and i love it! So far i have upgraded to clipless and i just got new bars, stem, and grips for it. If you plan to ride a lot at least get the the point2 if not the 3. Over the summer i ride at least 3 times a week and ride pretty hard. The bike has held up to everything so far! If I was buying again though i would probably at least upgrade to the point 4 to get the air fork. (only reason is i would really like the adjustability of the air fork.)

In short: if you know your going to be riding a lot make sure you spend the extra money and get the point2 or the point3.

And here are some pics of my bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Here's mine.

Just picked it up last weekend, I am totally new to riding. Friends been riding a lot and wanted me to start joining them. It has been fun so far!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)-img_1036.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowboarderdude View Post
    I have the point3 and i love it! So far i have upgraded to clipless and i just got new bars, stem, and grips for it. If you plan to ride a lot at least get the the point2 if not the 3. Over the summer i ride at least 3 times a week and ride pretty hard. The bike has held up to everything so far! If I was buying again though i would probably at least upgrade to the point 4 to get the air fork. (only reason is i would really like the adjustability of the air fork.)

In short: if you know your going to be riding a lot make sure you spend the extra money and get the point2 or the point3.
    Yea I only picked up the point1 because it was so cheap and it was a huge upgrade from my Mongoose Deception haha. Im a broke college student and didn't have alot of funds so I had to start low, but I intend to work my way up.

Last edited by DieTheVillain; 12-14-2011 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Finally hit the required number of posts to post a picture

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Yea I only picked up the point1 because it was so cheap and it was a huge upgrade from my Mongoose Deception haha. Im a broke college student and didn't have alot of funds so I had to start low, but I intend to work my way up.

I too am a poor college student but i managed to buy mine this past summer. It is no doubt a big up grade from the deception!

mtbr member
    I was a broke student. I just spent all my income on bikes. lol.
    -Eric

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    DieTheVillian How do you like that new frame? I believe its the same one that is on the 2012 Moto Fantoms? Can't find any reviews to help me decide between the 2011 and 2012 models.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

11 Camber Comp L

I just picked this up tonight. Only got to ride it a little bit around the house on the road. But looking forward to putting miles on it. I had planned on getting a HT. But he convinced me to get a FS. Sorry tried to post a pick. Not enough posts yet

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrad View Post
    DieTheVillian How do you like that new frame? I believe its the same one that is on the 2012 Moto Fantoms? Can't find any reviews to help me decide between the 2011 and 2012 models.
    I haven't had a chance to use it yet, I'll let you know though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by esundell90 View Post
    another fellow tank owner!! What year is your Dakar?
    2010, you ride one as well? I got it for such a deal and i'm loving it so far.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle_vk View Post
    2010, you ride one as well? I got it for such a deal and i'm loving it so far.
    I did, I sold it 2 years ago. It was my 1st real MTB. Mine was a 2001. I learned the ropes on that thing and rode the wheels off it. Guy I sold it to still rides it I think. It soldiered on through anything, I called it the "Tank" for a reason, lol
    -Eric

mtbr member
    Here's a pic of the old Tank!
    -Eric

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Here's mine, picked it up around 14 years ago.

Forks are being changed for some Z2s (tomorrow hopefully).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)-lrkona1.jpg  

mtbr member
    sick bike!!!
    -Eric

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mint_Sauce View Post

I was very close to picking up one of those. Would have loved to have it too. It was a bit newer and had some good components on it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch rides a SS View Post
    I was very close to picking up one of those. Would have loved to have it too. It was a bit newer and had some good components on it.
    It's a great retro bike and still rides amazingly well. I haven't ridden anything newer so it might not be as good as it once was in comparison to the newer tech today but it's really well built and still great fun.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mint_Sauce View Post

Looks like a nice area to ride

mtbr member
    Here's my stock Fuji Tahoe Pro. It's a 2009, but I got it for a great price at my LBS. Love this bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Newb here need help deciding between these two bikes... Both Motobecane... or if you have any other suggestions at this price point... $299 Bikesdirect.com

the 2012 Motobecane 400ht or the 2011 Motobecane 400ht LTD

thanks for any help....

Fat-tired Roadie
    ^^^
    Do you have a reference bike you like to use for a size comparison?

Otherwise, if you can do it, I recommend visiting a shop that carries used mountain bikes and test riding a bunch.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

2011 Haro Shift R3 - First MTB

Stock Bike($700):

SRAM X.7 rear derailleur
    Shimano Deore front derailleur
    Pivot Stem
    Kenda Tires(2.1)
    Shifters SRAM X.5
    Brakes: Hayes
    Fork: 120mm Marzocchi Bomber

Here are my upgrades:

ESI grips(not the chunky) - esigrips.com - $15
    Easton Vice AM Stem '08 - $12 - jensonusa.com
    XTR front deraillieur - $60 - craigslist.com
    Tires: Front(Maxxis High Roller 2.35), Rear(Forte Pisgah 2.3) - performancebike.com
    Pedals: Wellgo Flats - $10 - blueskycycling.com
    120mm RockShox Recon Silver TK - $189 - performancebike.com

Bike purchase with upgrades: Almost $1000. I Love This Bike!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)-phpehzee8pm.jpg  

Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)-phppat2f5pm.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

my salsa mamasita

i'll add mine to the mix although it pales in comparison to everyone else's. now if it'll ever stop raining i might actually get to ride the thing on a trail.

Titanium junkie
    Enjoy looking at everyone else's bikes, all of them look ready to carve.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dvmullet View Post
    i'll add mine to the mix although it pales in comparison to everyone else's. now if it'll ever stop raining i might actually get to ride the thing on a trail.
    Ride in the rain!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy1975 View Post
    Ride in the rain!
    Where's the "like" button?!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Where's the "like" button?!

it's not the rain that bothers me, i train and race road in the rain often, but i read on here and other places that riding on wet trails tears them up quite a bit. is this not correct? i rode on a damp trail yesterday and the trail didn't look worse for the wear. this being my first foray into mountain biking, i don't want to be a new guy who messes it up for the rest.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Nice "entry level" bikes. I expected huffy's

mtbr member
    I don't feel right calling Huffy's "bikes", let alone "entry level bikes"...they're more along the lines of "disposables"

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    A few more pics of my Giant.

2010 Giant Yukon FX

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanguerilla View Post
    Nice "entry level" bikes. I expected huffy's
    The definition of "entry level" has proven to be pretty broad here.

Bunny Hoppin Gators
    Last edited by drivengsxr1000; 12-19-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Mountain Man Dan
    ^ Tool.
    The bike is nothing more then circles turning circles, It's the human motor that makes it elegant.

mtbr member
    That is a pretty nice one to start out on...that should last you forever!
    Check out my blog! The WVPedaler...
    Founding Member of THUMB MTB Club

2016 Trek Top Fuel
    2015 Fuji Altamira Cross

Bunny Hoppin Gators
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectDan35 View Post
    ^ Tool.
    ???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drivengsxr1000 View Post
    ???
    presumably because the thread is titled "Entry level bikes" to most a new Fuel EX with top shelf components isn't really considered entry level.

But is this really your first bike? Heck of a rig to start on! Wish I had a rig as nice!
    -Eric

Bunny Hoppin Gators
    Last edited by drivengsxr1000; 12-19-2011 at 06:44 PM.

Bunny Hoppin Gators
    Last edited by drivengsxr1000; 12-19-2011 at 06:43 PM.

This 'N' That
    Sep 2011
    Last edited by joeyf123; 12-19-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Bunny Hoppin Gators
    Last edited by drivengsxr1000; 12-19-2011 at 06:43 PM.

This 'N' That
    Sep 2011
    Last edited by joeyf123; 12-19-2011 at 06:52 PM.

Mountain Man Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by drivengsxr1000 View Post
    it is my first bike, ive been riding for about 6 months now... im not really sure how i feel about being bashed for buying good components and a "mid level" bike
    It says ENTRY LEVEL. As in a bike that's over $300 and under 800$.
    The bike is nothing more then circles turning circles, It's the human motor that makes it elegant.

Bunny Hoppin Gators

This 'N' That
    Sep 2011
    Last edited by joeyf123; 12-19-2011 at 06:52 PM.

mtbr member
    why were all these posts edited/ I just see ........??????
    -Eric

Bunny Hoppin Gators
    i posted pics of my bike w/o reading the OP and then took them off

mtbr member
    oh well, free bike porn while it lasted, lol
    -Eric

Fat-tired Roadie
    For crying out loud...

"Entry level bike" is an ambiguous term. So, I'm going to do my every time this argument comes up repost of a couple threads for people who need more specific rules.

http://forums.mtbr.com/beginners-corner/post-your-$1000-2000-hardtail-685402.html
    http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discussion/post-your-cheap-bike-sub-$200-695479.html

The original creator of this thread let the cat out of the bag when he asked about upgrades. Starting with a Fuel is a lot smarter an upgrade than what some of us have done to our Hardrocks.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectDan35 View Post
    It says ENTRY LEVEL. As in a bike that's over $300 and under 800$.

Awwww, dangit. Mine was $850
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

Mountain Man Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSlow35th View Post
    Awwww, dangit. Mine was $850
    It's ok. Nice sig, You stop riding as of 9/12/11?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    No I bought it on 9/12/11.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I never took an actual picture of my first bike, so I have to use a stock internet photo. About a year later I moved up to the Kona Caldera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Entry Level MTB (Pics and Upgrades)-img_2638.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

Members who have read this thread: 376