1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member

XLC PRO SP-T04 Telescopic seatpost

After popping the top of my Race Face Turbine seatpost and replacing it with a spare Turbine that also made me nervous. I decided to look into adjustable seatposts, I settled on the XLC mainly based on price $146 American from XXCycle. Though I was skeptical I took the chance because the 100mm KS LEV is not available until November and figured it wouldn't be a big loss if its a dud.

First impressions
    Well built but a little on the heavy side(but not that much compared to my KS I900R)
    Very little lateral movement. (A lot less than the I900R)
    Infinite travel adjust is great and holds position when lifting the bike from the seat.
    The remote is OK nothing spectacular but gets the job done.
    When pushing it down it is not as smooth as the KS and seems to hit resistance points, though noticeable when doing this by hand, it is hardly noticeable when riding.

Overall after one ride with it, I do like like it and would recommend it as viable adjustable seatpost especially at this price point. Now Eye-candy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails XLC PRO SP-T04 Telescopic seatpost-5.jpg  

XLC PRO SP-T04 Telescopic seatpost-6.jpg  

XLC PRO SP-T04 Telescopic seatpost-4.jpg  

XLC PRO SP-T04 Telescopic seatpost-9.jpg  

XLC PRO SP-T04 Telescopic seatpost-7.jpg  

Last edited by Cobra8d; 08-31-2012 at 09:28 AM.

T.W.O.
    Cool it looks good, thanks for the review.