mtbr member

Which Would You Choose Between The Two?

A Schwinn Sierra cromoly frame and fork or Performance Tangent cromoly frame and fork?
    Which would be best in your opinion and why?

AZ
    banned
    Depends on the use its intended for . Look at the geometry and decide which is best suited for you . This is assuming they are of equal condition . Which one fits the best ?

mtbr member
    The two are f/f sets, so I can't try them out. I tried to look up some info on the web but can't find out anything. I know they are pretty old, but don't know what years they are.
    As far as the intended use, I plan on riding a paved bike path mostly, but want to be able to get in the dirt, do some trails, and do some jumping on it. Eventually I might put some suspension on the front.

AZ
    banned
    Niether one of them are likely to be suitable for suspension or built for jumping . You would probably be better off with one of the newer offerings that are designed for suspension forks .

mtbr member
    Actually it is a non-issue now. My bro hooked me up with a Gary Fisher Mamba he got in the mid-/ late- 90s with front suspension. All cromoly, designed and made in the USA.
    A little cleaning up, lube job, new chain and grips, and I will be ready to roll. And it fits me way better than the Diamondback Traverse I am riding now.
    Thanks for all the input people.

Members who have read this thread: 0