1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Nov 2013

Is this a worth-it buy?

Wondering if this was worth it.

New 2013 Trek Stache 7 29er 19" Large SLX Race Face Rock Shox Recon Avid Elixir | eBay

Grassyass for your time
    Andrew

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    i think it's ok, it's worth, but it depends on yourself.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    It would be very 'worth it' if it is new, AND it comes with a warranty. Not likely to have a warranty since it was sold on ebay. Still a great buy at the price it sold for. The Stache is an excellent hardtail 29er. Liked the one we had for a test bike so much that I bought one for myself (a Stache 8 ).